vi. dance dance follow

Chapter 6

My throat went dry, I croaked, "You said that you wanted your students to experience a fun and engaging lesson which will leave behind good memories?"

He gave his killer smirk, "Arraseo! Let's start the lesson! I want to see a short performance from each of you that describes your personality as you know, dance comes from the heart," He pointed to his chest.

Without further delay, he pointed to a nerdy-looking boy and gestured for him to go first. The boy trembled his way to the middle of the studio and placed Kai's iPod on shuffle. Bruno Mar's 'Treasure' came on.

He danced well though he acted like some scaredy cat at first. Kai was moving his head to the music. I couldn't tell if he liked the boy's dance or not. The boy seems to be younger than me, that's when I realised that this dance class was full of people of different ages. Bambam and I seemed to be the oldest.

"I'm so scared." Someone complained beside me. I thought it was Bambam but the moment I turned, I was startled.

"Yugyeom? What are you doing here?" I patted the spot next to me, asking him to come over. Yugyeom slide across the dance floor and plopped himself next to me.

"This dance class is filled with people of different ages, remember?" He reminded. I nodded and continued to watch the next few people dance. All of them were good, and this was freestyle dance. I'm not sure if I could dance like them.

Kai however, stayed quiet. He would be just saying "Next" after each dancer has finished. Not even one comment or a friendly smile. Most people had danced already, which meant that there was a handful of people who hadn't. I had this feeling that I was up next soon.

My heart pounded and I pressed my lips together, creating a short choreography in my head that matched the most frequently played songs. Another dancer finished her dance, Kai stood up and walked over to the group of people that have not danced. He came over to where I was sitting. I looked around, I was the only female that was left.

Raising his arm, he stuck a finger at me, "You!"

I sighed and heard him chuckle in response. I kneeled down in front of his stereo machine and click the 'shuffle' button. Coincedentally, EXO's 'Machine' was chosen.

I hissed in irritation while Kai watched me, expecting something from me to satisfy him. I somehow had danced to this song before, so I started calmly. I have watched the music video and tried to copy Kai's moves as I found them very unique.

Jjilleodo pihanbangul annaoldeut

Wanbyeokhan areumdaum kkumgateun hwanggeumbiyul

Geunyeoui singgeureon meoritgyeol

Daeriseok gateun pibugyeol chohyeonsiljeogingeol woo~

Geunyeoneun inhyeongi aninji sum swigineun haneun geonji

Aldeut maldeut chagaun misoreul jieumyeo

Moksorin inneunji simjangi ttwineun saramiran geol

Dojeohi mideul su eobseo bwabwa

Neon machi chagaun machine

Neoneun ma, ma, ma, ma, ma, machine

Kalgachi areumdaun yeosin

Neoneun ma, ma, ma, ma, ma, machine

Ah! Yeah!

++++

As the music played and the girl danced, Kai was taken aback. The scene was quite unbelievable, shocking really. His mind was sent reeling, unable to comprehend or process the images it was being sent by his eyes. Kai looked away, then looked back to see if it was still there. It was.