Chapter 14

-

The once crying boy had fallen asleep in the comfort of Jeongguk's arms. He wiped away the tears that remained on Taehyung's now relaxed sleeping face.

He looked so sweet and innocent. Jeongguk didn't understand how the kids at school could treat him so badly. He's so sensitive and a way too nice. There's no way in hell he could have done something to deserve this kind of treatment.

"Jeongguk?" a soft voice filled the room.

"Ah, sorry. He kinda fell asleep."

"It's fine." His mom sat on the edge of the coffee table. "He's really clinging to you." she gave a soft smile.

"Ah, yeah." he gave a small chuckle. "He is."

"Is he okay? His eyes are puffy."

"He's just really upset about the whole thing." he ran his fingers through the other's hair.

"It's understandable. No one wants to have to suffer from something like that."

"Mom," he called quietly.

"What is it, sweetie?"

"What does it usually mean when someone says they're scared of adults?"

She furrowed her brows and tilted her head slightly. "Why do you want to know that?"

"Well," he looked down at the boy. He felt the edge of his mouth being tugged and a small smile form at the sight of the other's sleeping face but the smile faded once he remembered what Taehyung had told him. He looked at his mom and his face showed that he was clearly upset. "He told me that he's afraid of adults and I know he didn't mean it like how other teens do. It isn't just some small scare of talking to an adult. I can tell by how he spoke that he's really terrified. He said that he can't even be near an adult without feeling scared."

His mom sat silent for a few seconds before speaking. "it sounds like he could've had a bad experience with an adult." she told him.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean he might have been or is being abused, molested or sexually assaulted. Maybe by one or both of his parents, his parents' friends, teacher or even a random stranger. If something like that happened or is happening, he probably feels like he can't trust any adult and feels like they'd do the same thing."

"But could he just be scared?"

"I don't want to sound un-hopeful but from what it sounds like, there's a very high chance that something like that happened to him."

Jeongguk looks down at the other in shock. He couldn't believe something like this could be happening to him.

Tae. Is this really happening to you?

-

Taehyung woke up to the sound of a heartbeat and soft breathing. He opened his eyes only for everything to be blurry. After he rubbed his eyes, he saw that everyone was sitting down around the living room with their eyes glued to the screen of the TV that shined brightly in the dark room.

"Oh, you're awake."

Taehyung looked up, his eyes meeting with Jeongguk's. "How long was I asleep?"

Jeongguk lifted his right hand looking at the watch that sat and wrapped around his wrist. "About 40 minutes maybe."

Taehyung was a bit taken aback. He has never slept that long all at once. Usually, he'd wake up every 10 to 15 minutes and he wouldn't be able to fall back asleep for another 30 minutes or even an hour. His surprise quickly turned into an embarrassment when he realized he was still laying against the other male. "S-sorry." he quickly sat up.

"It's fine."

"You could've just put me down somewhere else."

"I tried to lay you down on the couch but you clung to me." Jeongguk chuckled. "Well to my shirt actually."

Taehyung felt his cheeks rapidly heat up. A bright shade of red, almost like a rose color, filled his ears and lead to his cheeks and over the bridge of his nose. It was extremely obvious. It was like red paint was splattered all over a paperwhite wall. "I'm so sorry." he covered his face with his hand.

"I told you it was fine, Tae. You don't have to worry about it," he told him. "You were tired and I didn't want to wake you up so I just let you sleep."

"What time is it?"

"Three almost four. Want me to take you home?"

He didn't want to go or even be near that place he calls home but he had to. In reply, nodded his head.

-

"Taehyung." Jeongguk broke the silence.

The said male hummed in reply and turned to look at the other.

"Can I ask you something and I need you to be honest, okay?"

He gave a single nod of his head.

"I don't umm," he swallowed his spit. Is this even a possible question? "I don't want to assume things but how-how are-how- You know what never mind. I'll ask you later."

It's an impossible question to ask. You can't just go to someone and just ask them if they're being abused or molested or whatever it is you think could be happening.

"Are you sure?" he furrowed his brows in confusion.

"Yeah, I'm sure. It's a question for a later time." he stopped the car for they had made in front of Taehyung's house.

Taehyung's breath caught in his throat as he saw a bright blue light shining through the living room window. He tried his best to look fine. "Th-thank you for today." he gave a small smile.

Jeongguk gave a small chuckle. How cute. "No problem. I'm glad you could come over. I'll see you Monday."

"Bye, Gguk-ie." he got out of the car.

Gguk-ie? That's the second time he's called me that. A smile spread on his lips. Adorable.

It was different hearing Taehyung call him that. It was cute compared to the other kids at school or his friends who call him that.

-

Taehyung entered his house, fear building up in his chest. He was fine until he had to close the door. The loud clicking noise gave him away.

"What the fuck are you doing?" his father asked as he stepped out of the living room. "You just won't listen to me, will you? How many times do I have to discipline you for you to keep following my rules?"

Taehyung stared down at his feet as his hands tightly gripped the bottom of his sweater. Why was he home so early?

He knew he should've just turned them down but it felt good not having to come back to this house right away.

-