Chapter 14

Melissa's POV

"No worries Madam, your house hasn't even been on the market for up to two weeks, I'm sure that very soon a buyer will turn up. And we're not even charging you mortgage" I said on the phone.

The call ended and I sighed in relief, I still had so much work to do without having to bother about antsy customers.

It was Tuesday and I haven't seen Nikolas, "Monday morning" he said but no one came, I know I should have called him but I missed a day of work and with the amount of paper I met on my table, you would think I missed a week, so I've been really swamped.

Or maybe I'm just making excuses because I wouldn't know what to say if I spoke to him, I haven't been able to move past that kiss. He shook my resolve with just one kiss, so I think distance from him is what I need.

"Melissa, hey" I felt someone tap me.

I looked up to see Amanda, I didn't even hear her enter my office.

"Amanda, sorry I didn't hear you" I flushed, slightly embarrassed.

"It's okay, I just wanted to tell you that a letter just came in from Mr. Ryan Scofield, the agent of Mr. Esperanto" She said.

"Really? Can I have it?" I asked sitting up.

"It went straight to the boss, he'll probably call for you" She replied.

"Oh...okay, thank you Amanda" I said.

She nodded as she left the office. I've really been getting into a lot of trouble with Gabriel so this couldn't be good.

What could Nik have to say that he couldn't just call me? Was he avoiding me? I kept on thinking, before long Gabriel sent for me.

"Have your seat Melissa" Gabriel said as I entered his office.

I sat down in front of him and nervously nibbled on my lip, he brought out a letter and laid it on his table, he then turned the letter to face me.

"This is from Mr Esperanto's agent, do you know what it says?" He asked.

"No sir" I replied.

"Should I read it to you?" He said.

"If you want to sir" I replied.

"Well, I won't. I'll just tell you what it means. This letter says Avanti Estate Management is incompetent and indecisive." He said rather calmly.

"Gabriel, pls I can explain....." I said.

"Melissa, I'm not done, and don't you interrupt me. I'm pretty certain I told you how important this client is. I appointed both you and Adam, but for some reason I cannot fathom, the client requested only you. I don't want to hear any more of your excuses because we are about to lose one of our biggest clients, so I don't know how but you're going to render both formal and informal apologies to the client, also you will find a way to make him change his mind." He said.

"Yes sir, I'm sorry" I replied.

"Just know Melissa, there will be consequences and queries. Now get off my chair and out of my office." He said.

I bolted up and walked out of the office. I was really fuming, why didn't Nik just tell me I was delaying? I thought he understood my situation. I was going to have a long -avoided call with someone as I entered my office.

•. •. •. •. •. •. •. •. •. •. •. •

Nikolas' POV