Chapter 2

Melissa's POV

Rrr-ing! I slammed the alarm off and checked the time 5:00am. I got out of bed and walked to the kitchen, standing in there brought back memories. I got married at the age of 20, pretty young because I was in love or so I thought. I lost my mother at a very young age, father was there but not so much he did his best but there was always a missing piece. I was in the last year of my service when I met Scott, we got close quick and when he asked me to marry him, nothing made me happier. The first year was heaven, it was just like when we were dating, we were in love and I felt complete.

Hmm...memories I have lots of them but that's in the past I've got to live in the present and this present includes making breakfast, waking Lily up and getting ready for work. It was 5:30am, I quickly made some eggs and sandwich, got the coffee machine running and brought the juice out of the fridge. Time to wake Lily up, as I looked to my bed she was still curled up and asleep

          "Lily? Honey time to wake up"

          "Uhhh......mmm"

          "Come on baby let's get ready for school"

          "Momma?"

I bathed her and dressed her up, she went to the kitchen table to eat her breakfast while I jumped into the shower, I blow-dried my hair and  rolled it into a neat bun, I wore my grey corporate straight pants, red camisole and black bolero. I put on my block heels and touched my face up with a little foundation, mascara and lipstick. I got my handbag and briefcase, I was having coffee while checking my files.

I'm a realtor and I love my job though sometimes it takes up all my time.I work at Avanti Estate Management and I'm one of the top realtors, being a single mom I've had to work extra hard but that made me stronger.

     *phone rings* It was megan

     "Hello Meg!"

     "Lisa hey! Are you on your way to work?"

      "Yeah as soon as Lily's done with breakfast"

       "Cool, let's meet up for lunch"

       "Sure call you later girl"

       "Kiss Lily for me. Bye"

               *call ended*

        "Lily hurry up sweetie its already 7 o'clock"

        "Sorry mommy I'm done"

        "Okay, have you gotten your crayon set and pencils?"

        "Yes, its in my backpack"

        "Kiss mommy then"

        "*mwah* love you mommy"

        "Love you too baby infinity × infinity"

     *     *      *      *      *      *      *      *

Nikolas' POV

*on the phone*

     "Hey Ryan"

     "I'm sorry this isn't Mr. Scofield, I'm his secretary. May I take a message for him?"

    "Isn't this is personal cell?"

    "Yes it is but he's in a meeting at the moment and he left the cellphone with me"

     "Well, its Nikolas Esperanto"

     "Omg! Mr. Esperanto the famous artist and co-owner of Esperanto Arts"

     "Pls call me Nik, pass the message to Ryan that I've arrived in San Francisco and I'll be needing a place to stay, a building for the gallery and a work studio"

      "Oh good I've been instructed to inform the company's estate management, I'll let them know"

       "Thanks miss..."

       "Penelope...penny"

       "Miss Penelope bye"

I was in Dylan's house, the movers truck was parked in the garage. San Francisco, my sister lives here with her husband and son. I miss Alice,we've always been close since we were young, she runs the family business now Esperanto Arts my sister manages the antiques, auctioning some off and buying others. Some of my paintings are also part of the arts.

My talent of painting was gotten from my mother she was
a gifted artist though she never made a living out of it she was also an art collector, all over the world she bought different artwork and antiques, that's how Esperanto Arts came to be.

    *      *       *      *     *      *     *       *

Melissa's POV

At 24 years old my colleagues consider me too young to be a senior realtor at Avanti Estate Management, they're even more surprised that I'm a mom. As I walked into the building, I was greeted by the janitors and security.

It was 8:00am I went towards my office and saw my secretary at her desk

     "Amanda any messages for me" I asked.

    "No Lisa but there are some files on your table that need your attention" she replied.

      "Okay thanks".

I entered my office and walked over to my table. I saw the  files, and got to work. An hour into my work, the telephone rang

       "Yes Amanda?"

       "Sorry the boss requested for you"

       "Alright"

I walked out of my office, Amanda nodded to me as I passed. I work for Gabriel Avanti a man of 40 years who qas very strict and business-like, I  wonder why he wanted to see me cos I'm not really his favourite person.

I got to the door of his very large office, I took a deep breath and knocked.

"come in" came the voice.

The bald man was sitting on his swiveling chair and opposite him was my colleague and rival Adam Smith.

        "Have your seat Melissa"said Gabriel

I sat down and nervously twiddled with my fingers. Adam looked at me and smiled, I smiled in return. Gabriel started talking

        "The reason I called you both to my office is because you both are one of our top realtors and this client that I'm assigning to you is very important so I need you to work together and deliver the best services."

        "Uhm...the client is for both of us?" I asked.

        "Yes or do you have a problem with that Melissa?"

        "No sir" I replied.

        "Adam?"

        "Not at all" He replied.

        "Good so I'll send the files with the information to your offices. I believe you'll represent this company well"

         "Definitely sir" "We won't disappoint" we both chorused.

We got up and left his office, I turned to go to my office when Adam stopped me

        "You realize this is a competition right" he said

I looked at him and smirked

       "whatever you say"

   *      *       *      *       *       *       *      *

A.N: Hey guys thank you for  reading. I hope you had a great time. And I'll be giving some other characters their points of view. Pls don't forget to vote and comment. I'll  love to hear from you. Mwah!

Love,
inspired1611