Chapter Seventeen: Have a Heart for Christmas

Another upload for this story. I know I've been neglecting my other stories especially "Stubborn Hearts" but I really want to finish this story and TKG. Hopefully you guys understand ^-^ 

"Father can you hear me? How have I let you down? I curse the day that I was born and all the sorrow in this world..." (I fucking love this band mang)

© Copyright All Rights Reserved

___________________________________

Broken Hearts & Lonely Stars:

Chapter Seventeen: Have a Heart for Christmas

        Sometimes, I wonder if I would go to Heaven or Hell. I understand Heaven closing the doors on me, keeping me out of their peaceful paradise. Hell? Well, I welcomed it with open arms. Each painful night I survived my own torment, I could almost feel the Devil embracing me, wanting my soul dearly. If the Devil came to me at night and asked for my soul, I would gladly give it to him but now, I would give the Fallen Angel the finger and walk away. Maybe this dilemma of mine made me mature even more. My heartless skin was slowly peeling off each day that passes as I welcome death to me.

Now as my head throbs painfully and I opened my eyes, blinking away the fogginess in my vision, I tried to allow my mind to swallow my location. But the throbbing in my head was unbearable, I just remained there. Laying on the floor, the vibrations of the room somewhat eased me back to sleep—

A high pitched shriek startled me as I quickly staggered my back against the wall. The blond girl covered her mouth with her hands as her wide eyes gazed at me in fear and...pity?

"Gabriela, don't make a noise! Henry would kill me if he saw us up here!" A male voice hissed.

I tried to focus on those two forms but gray dots were dancing in my vision and before I knew it, I blacked out.

<>*<>*<>*<>

          "...I fucking hate you, Rhea. In this condition that you're in, why do you attract so much trouble?"

I peeked through my eyelashes at Henry who's face was buried in his hands as he kept muttering curses at me. I found it amusing in this situation, hearing the profanity being thrown at me. I realized that I was back in the hospital. Oh, great. The bleak white walls seemed to devour me as I laid there on the bed. The beeping noise was slowly driving me crazy to the point of bashing it against the wall. I hated the hospital now.

I came to it every Thursday just for chemotherapy and now, here I was. Laying there, probably going to get a lecture from Henry.

"It's not my fault I'm beautiful," I smirked as Henry's head snapped up and he glared at me.

His collar shirt was wrinkly with his sleeves rolled up, his ash blond hair was tousled as if he just ran his fingers through them in frustration. He looked drained. Was this kid here the whole time? My own personal guardian angel, how...stupid this guy was.

"You should go home and rest—"

"And let some asshole bash your head again?" He snorted, rolling his eyes. "I just dealt with Johnny punching you, but even thinking about a guy just attacking you like that, well, to be honest, I'm kinda energized to beat the living shit outta someone."

I chuckled as I slowly sat up and gazed at my friend who's been there from the start of dealing with my cancer. "So, you pretty much ditched that hot blond just to insult me in my sleep?"