Chapter Thirteen: Talks

A/N: I’M BAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!! I have missed Wattpad so much. I am SOOO happy to be back and to be able to write more!! I will probably update a couple times today because I’ve missed it so much!! I’m so excited, you have no idea! I hope you enjoy this chapter!! 

~zebrapink29

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MARIA’S P.O.V.:

I went back inside my room and went downstairs to get a vase for these flowers. It was really sweet what Cody did, but I just don’t know if it’s a good idea to be friends again, ya know? I’ve been through A LOT these past couple of years and he doesn’t know about any of it and I want it to stay that way. If I get close to him again, I don’t want to relapse. When I was putting water in the vase, Jesse came into the kitchen and saw the flowers.

“Ooooh, who gave my baby sis flowers?” He teased.

“Um… Just… This guy.” I tried hiding it from him…

“Please don’t tell me…” He started. “It better not have been Simpson.”

I gave my brother a guilty look and he frowned at me like an angry parent.

“Damnit, Maria!! What did I tell you?! You can’t get close to that ass whole!! He’s gonna hurt you AGAIN!!! You’re gonna relapse!!! You have to think a little!!” He snapped.

“Jesse!! Calm down!! It wasn’t even like that.” I said. “He came and threw rocks at my slider door to my balcony and I came out, he had flowers and his guitar. He threw me the flowers and serenaded me, but I told him I didn’t think it’s a good idea for us to be close.”

And? What did he say?” He asked.

“He just looked really sad. I felt like I broke his heart…” I looked at the ground.

“Maria… Don’t worry about it. He isn’t worth getting upset over. He’s a loser.” He tried to cheer me up.

“I don’t know… I just feel guilty.” I added. Jesse brought me into a tight hug. He gives the best hugs. He’s the best brother ever. I’m so lucky to have him.

“Why don’t you get some sleep?” He said as we pulled away from our hug. I smiled and nodded as I put the flowers in the vase. “Goodnight.” He smiled.

“Goodnight.” I said as I took the vase of flowers upstairs to my room. I set them on my desk and changed into my cookie monster party animal pajamas. I crawled into bed and went to sleep.

●             ●             ●             ●             ●

ALLI’S P.O.V.:

By the time Cody got home last night, I was already asleep so I’m ready to hear about how things went! I got up and right away I went to Cody’s room and jumped on his bed to wake him up.

“What the hell, Alli?!” He said irritated.

“Get up!! We have to talk!!” I said sitting down on his bed. He sat up and looked at me annoyed.

“About what?” He said rubbing his eyes.

“How did things go?!” I questioned.

“Not like I wanted them to.” He vaguely answered.

“What do you mean?” I asked. How could things NOT go right?! He was doing something super sweet for Maria!! She loves being sung to!!

“She said that she went through a dark phase and she didn’t want to relapse and by becoming best friends again she’s afraid I’m gonna hurt her and she will relapse.” He explained.