Chapter Forty: BAM!!!! SMACK!!!!

ALLI’S P.O.V.:

I woke up this morning feeling pretty sad and really hurt. I actually thought Jake would want to work things out so we could last!! I just don’t understand where things went wrong…

I woke up and went downstairs to eat something for breakfast and I just started watching the morning cartoons.

“Morning, sis.” Tom said as he came into the living room.

“Hey,” I half smiled at him.

“Are you okay, Alli?” He asked curiously as he sat down next to me.

“Yeah, why wouldn’t I be?” I don’t know what’s wrong with Tom this morning… He’s acting kinda weird… Or maybe it’s me… I don’t know.

“You just seem really down.” Tom is actually a really smart kid, if you didn’t know that already.

“Jake and I broke up last night…” I mean, he’s gonna need to know how to comfort a girl someday… Why not start young, right?

“Want me to beat him up for you?” He held up his fists and smiled a bit, which made me laugh.

“No, I’ll be fine, but thanks, Tom.” I smiled at him.

“Anything for you, Alli!!” He smiled. Weird… that’s what Cody said…

MARIA’S P.O.V.:

So Cody and I are supposed to be hanging out today and I’m gonna try and talk to him about what’s been crossing my mind lately. I don’t want to force him into asking me out officially, but I want it to happen!!

I got dressed and did my hair and then Cody was at my door soon after I finished getting ready.

“Hey,” I smiled and opened the door.

“Good morning, beautiful.” He pecked me on the lips.

“Let me just grab my phone.” I said as I grabbed my phone off of the counter in the kitchen and then I left with Cody.

“So how is my lovely lady today?” He asked sweetly as we walked, hand in hand.

“I’m great! How are you?” I smiled at him.

“I gotta tell you something… It’s about Alli.” He looked really concerned.

“What is it?” We stopped and faced each other.

“Jake and Alli broke up last night.” What?!? How is this possible?!? They love each other!! I can see it in her eyes when she looks at him and the same thing when he looks at her!!

“What?!?!?” I’m freaking out.

“She’s sad and I think she’s hurting, but I think she’s gonna be okay. She’s tough.” He explained.

“Cody… She’s probably devastated!! You might not have seen it, but I know it!! She loved him!!” I’m so worried about Alli!! “We need to go spend the day with her!!”

“Alli’s fine, Maria, really. I think she’d be upset if we took our day together and stayed with her instead to make sure she isn’t lonely.” Maybe he’s right. She probably wants space.

“Okay… I guess.” Cody and I continued walking, and we walked towards the beach and you’ll never guess what I saw. “THAT WHORE!!!!!” Cody saw the anger in my eyes and he pulled me back instantly.

“Whoa!! Calm down!! What’s wrong?!?” He grabbed my arms firmly to keep me in place.

“THAT’S JAKE WITH LIANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I screamed at him, I probably shouldn’t have yelled at him, but I’m mad!! I can’t help it!!

Cody looked over at them and they were getting really flirty. I could see Cody getting kind of mad… I mean, he hurt Alli and now he’s out with another girl?!?

“Cody, please let me handle this.” I didn’t give him a choice, I started fast-walking towards them and I will not bite my tongue this time. SHE is the reason for my best friend getting her heartbroken.

“Wow Liana, it’s great to see that you still know how to break people up.” I said as I approached them.

“Maria, just leave us alone, please.” Jake pleaded.

“Shut the hell up, Jake.” I snapped. “So why is it that you always have to take people from someone else?!? Did you never learn to not steal things that belong to other people?!? Because that’s exactly what you’re doing.”

“Are you seriously doing this right now? You’re pathetic, Maria. Get over yourself.” Liana didn’t really have much to say.

“I’m the pathetic one?!? I’m not the one going around stealing other people’s boyfriends, unlike you.” I am so sick of her, I want to smack her right in the face!!

“Yes!! You’re pathetic!! You’re the one who let some strange guy hit on her and then almost went home with him.” She has crossed the line.

BAM!!!!!!!!! SMACK!!!!!!!!!

Did I really just do that?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay guys, so it’s almost midnight, but I have a snow day tomorrow due to the horrible weather, so I don’t really care how late it is!! You guys are worth updating for!! Thank you so much for commenting on the story, it means so much to me that you like this story!! This is my first fan fiction that I’ve actually published and the responses have been wonderful, so thank you for that. I really hope you like this chapter, I’m sorry if it’s boring or not what you wanted it to be, but it’s almost midnight and I’m extremely tired so I’m going to go to sleep now. Goodnight everyone!! (Or good morning, depending on where you live.) Thanks for reading!!

~zebrapink29