Chapter Fourteen: "I always have."

A/N: SECOND UPDATE OF THE DAY!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!! ENJOY!!!! 

~zebrapink29

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MARIA’S P.O.V.:

I really enjoyed that talk with Alli. Maybe she’s right… Maybe Cody does care and he does want to be best friends again. The least I can do is make an effort to talk to him. But since I’m seeing him… that means I have to look great. I went to my closet and searched for something to wear. I don’t want to look too dressed up but I don’t want to look too casual either. I don’t know why I have maxi dresses in my closet because I’m too short for all of them. I’m only 5’0 and I’m shorter than everybody. I finally decided on my aqua-colored lace dress with my black converse. The dress makes me look dressier and the converse make it more causal. They balance each other out to make it perfect!

I walked to my bathroom and I decided to just straighten my hair and wear it down today. If I curl my hair it’ll make it look like I’m trying too hard. I put on neutral-colored makeup with light eyeliner and a medium-ish amount of mascara with peach-colored lip gloss. I smiled at myself in the mirror and I actually thought I looked beautiful. Maybe it’s because I know someone cares about me so much… Or at least I think they do… But I guess tonight will tell.

I went downstairs and I saw my mom’s car outside. YES!!! FINALLY!!!! I ran outside and saw my mom getting out of the car so I rushed over to her and threw my arms around her, giving her a hug. She hugged me back lightly. “Hi sweetie.” She said softly.

“Mom!! I’m so happy you guys are back!!” I exclaimed.

“Don’t get too comfortable with it, Maria. Things aren’t going to be the same anymore.” She said.

“What do you mean?” I questioned.

“Your sister is pregnant, Maria and your dad doesn’t want her here but he’s going to have to deal with it because she is our daughter and she’s not going anywhere.” She explained.

I followed my mom and sister inside and Kennedy sat down next to my dad on the couch.

“Daddy?” She said.

“What is it, Kennedy?” He was annoyed.

“I’m really sorry… I know I’m a troubled kid and I know you hate me, but I am really sorry. I know I’m an adult and I should’ve been more responsible. I wish there was some way I could make it up to you but I just want you to know I’m so very sorry and I will raise this child to be as intelligent and strong and caring and loving as you and mom are. I’m so sorry, daddy.” She even started tearing up a bit.

“Kennedy… I could never hate you.” He said. “You’re my daughter and I love you but you have got to grow up and stop being so irresponsible. You have a child growing inside of you and you’ve got to take care of that child.”

“I will daddy, I promise.” She said as she hugged him and he hugged her back. I smiled at the scene. I’m just so happy that we’re a family again.

I went to the kitchen to get something to eat and Jesse walked in there and looked at the way I was dressed.

“What’s up your sleeve today, sis?” He asked.

“I’m meeting a friend later today.” I answered.

“What friend?” He raised his eyebrow.

“Don’t hate me.” I said. He looked like he was ready to explode.

“DAMNIT MARIA!!!!!” He yelled. “What is it gonna take for you to realize he’s NOT who you think he is?! He’s going to leave you again, just like he did before.”