Nightmare

Nik's P.O.V-

                       Strangely, I had spent quite a bit of my time yesterday wondering why he had behaved so rudely. I mean we don't even know each other and there was no need for him to show me attitude. I don't know why I'm even bothered about it, I guess its because I'm such a softie and moreover I haven't received this kind of behavior.....in a while.

I tugged my thigh high socks even further up as I shivered from the cold. Unstrapping myself, I stepped out of Emily's car. Soon she was by my side, leading me into the school building, I could tell that it was crowded from all the chatterings around me but suddenly the voices around me seemed to become a bit hushed. I wondered what was happening that had made the kids refrain from their never-ending gossip.
"Oh my God there he is!", I heard some overly excited girl whisper.
"Damn! He's hot", Em murmured, walking beside me.
"Who are you talking about?", I asked clueless as usual, thanks to my wonderful eyesight.
"Harry, Nik. He's walking right in front of us",she whispered, barely audible.
I sighed feeling sorry for him. It honestly feels creepy as hell to have people gawk at you and whisper things about you on your first week of work, take it from someone who had lost a whole week's sleep, debating on whether to quit the job or not.
People needed to quit being nosy assholes all the time.

Anyways, I made my way to the teacher's room, Em by my side, holding my arm. Yeah it sucks, being the fucking parasite that I was.

I settled down in my chair, as Em went to get stuff organised for her first class.
I heard, someone sliding into the chair next to me, which usually remained empty. I wondered who it was. But I didn't really have to wonder for long as I heard them talking, probably on their phone.

"Yeah whatever Jace, I'm not coming to another fucking party. You know what happened last time", the deep rugged voice spoke.

"I don't care, just tell her to get the ridiculous idea of being my fucking girlfriend, out of that small nasty brain of hers", by now I was sure who it was.
After a few seconds, he spoke again. His harsh tone making me wince.
"For fuck's sake just drop it Jace!"

I heard something being tossed roughly on the table. Must've been his phone.

After a while, I managed to get my shit together and decided to confront him about his rude behaviour yesterday. I also had to thank him.
I almost backed away at the last moment but then my inner self reminded me of how pathetic I was being, not having the slightest courage to even talk to someone. That gave me the kick I needed.

"Um...thank you for yesterday Mr.Styles", I said in the smallest voice possible.

No response.

"And uh....May I ask the reason behind your behaviour? You know, it wasn't very suitable". Wow didn't know I had that in me.

I heard a low frustrated growl
escape his lips. It somehow managed to send shivers down my spine. Okay I take it back, I'm a fucking coward.
"In case you're dumb enough to not understand, let me tell you that I don't owe you or anyone any fucking explanation for my behaviour. Just mind your own goddamned business", he spat. What was his problem?!
"Y-you can't speak t-to me like that", I said in an even lower tone, if that was even possible.
"Why sweetheart, did you expect me to sympathize your sorry ass?", he hissed, his words cutting through my skin.
"Well you're not getting your stupid fucking blindness perks from me", I heard the chair slam into the wall behind as he rose with so much force. Tears stung my eyes from his harsh words. I didn't want blindness perks. Hell I didn't ask for people to pity me.

As I walked to the teacher's room for lunch with Alyssa by my side, I still felt a hard lump in my throat that was hard to ignore . I still couldn't get over what had happened in the morning. I have absolutely no idea why his words affected me so much,for fuck's sake I barely knew him!