Chapter 26: Mission Impossible

🐝⛈✨

I walk downstairs slowly, my tired eyes adjusting to the bright environment around me. My dad is in the living room watching Football while my mom is preparing lunch in the kitchen. I decided to sleep in today, it was a little after twelve. "Hey dad" I say sitting on a soft sofa. "Hey Kayla, finally wake up?" He asks, I nod in response.

"Look...I've been reconsidering the mission" he says "I will let you participate, one one condition..."

Was he serious? He was joking right

"What? What's the condition?" I ask happily,

"You can't binge or purge after the mission is completed, that means no throwing up aft—"

"I know what it means dad, the only reason I ever did that was because I overate I promise, I'll never do it again"

"Good, you have about two hours to get ready" he says checking the time on his watch. "Thank you so much!" I run upstairs excitedly.

I shower, brush my teeth and get ready, soon we are on our way to Bistros. My dad along with many other officers are parked around the small restaurant. They have access to the cameras, and I'm given a small earpiece. I still can't believe this is happening, I would much rather help put Peter behind bars myself than have other people do it for me.

"Can you hear me?" Elizabeth asks me through the microphone. "Loud and clear" I say

My dad is in one of the vans closer to the front of the restaurant where I am sitting. The earpiece is cleverly hidden behind my long curly hair, though it only takes one wrong move and I could blow it. I anxiously look at the time, he should be here anytime now...
I take a sip of my drink as I look outside where my dad along with the other officers are parked.

"Be careful not to look at the vans too much, we need to avoid suspicion as much as possible" Elizabeth says

"Right, sorry" I say.

"Don't be, you got this okay?"

"Okay" I take a deep breath. "He just walked in" I whisper

"We know, just relax its gonna be alright" she says

I decide to avoid talking for now and play it cool. Peter's sharp blue eyes meet mine and I force myself to look enthusiastic about this little "date"

He comes over to my table and sits "Hey" I say, plastering a smile onto my face. "Hi...I've missed you...I can't believe you wanted to talk to me after what happened"

"I was being disobedient, so I understand why you hit me" I force these words off of my tongue. He looks surprised

"Really?" He asks passing a hand through his blonde hair. "Yes, Peter I-I think I have feelings for you" I say in the most believable way possible.

He raises his eyebrows "Layla doesn't deserve you, you're such a handsome, sexy..." I wreck my brain trying to figure out what to say "man" I finish lamely.

"Y-you think so?" He asks as he turns a shade of pink.

No of course not