Chapter 39: Tears will Fall

🐝⛈✨

||Chris' POV||

She abandoned the cloth on the cold counter and spun around in my arms, her happy hazel eyes meeting mine. Seeing her so happy, so vulnerable, I didn't want I tell her, I didn't want to lose her trust. I broke my eyes from hers, suddenly finding a new interest in the floor, the hard tiled floor welcomed my gaze. "Hey" she said raising my head slightly with her warm hand. She looked at me, her previous expression was now lost as she looked into my eyes "You can tell me"

"I made a mistake Kayla" I murmur quietly, but I knew she heard me....

"What kind of mistake?" ....

"A mistake that I wish I could erase, I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to see me after today, I tried but can't keep it in anymore"

"You're scaring me, what happened?" Her warm voice was like honey, silky smooth, laced in sweetness.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath "Bella and I had sex" I say.

I opened my eyes to see her expression, however as I opened my eyes I was met by the embodiment of shock itself. Her eyes suddenly piercing mine "Excuse me?" She said stepping away from me. "I didn't know how else to say—" I was cut off by a stinging sensation in my left cheek, it had only occurred to me seconds later that she had slapped me. Her cheeks were bright red, her brown eyes began to get glassy, I don't know what I expected really, no good could've come from this explanation.

"Just let me explain" I say, "You have five seconds to tell me this is a damn joke" she said.
I looked at her, with an expression of pity and regret, she knew that I wasn't joking around.

"Why would you do this to us?" She sounded genuinely hurt, like every word punctured a hole in her lungs, she was breathing irregularly.

"It was a mistake one that I'll never make again—just give me a chance"

"No, I'm tired of giving you chances, I'm tired of believing all the shit that you tell me, you told me that you loved me Chris! Did you mean any of it?" She choked out

"Of course I did!"

Her words cut me deep, every vowel that flew off her tongue was like fire, burning me up inside. I just stood there, like the idiot I was, unable to console her. She was hurt because of me and I deserved every hateful word that was thrown my way. "I'm sorry..." I repeat, like a broken record, my brain was stuck. I was stuck in the middle of losing the person I cared for the most.

The person who was hurting because of me. "Sorry?"
I looked up at her to see that she had wiped away her tears but her bloodshot eyes were proof that she was hurt beyond repair.

"You're sorry?" She asked faking a surprised expression.

She laughed sickly at my apology. "You don't get to be sorry! Can't you see, it's over! I told you I loved you Chris and I meant it!" she closed her eyes painfully, more tears making their way down her face. Her beautiful face was now ridden with hurt, betrayal and it was all because of me.

We stood there both watching each other without saying a word, my eyes burned and I bit down in my lip to prevent myself from crying as well. I was going to lose the most important person in my life today and there was nothing I could do about it.
Tears inevitably made their way down my cheeks as I looked at her.