Chapter 2

Alyssa walked across the busy New York City streets. She glanced at her electronic wrist watch and groaned. She had fifteen minutes to make it to the theatre. It was a 20 minute walk. She had to hightail it right now. She picked up her pace and it soon turned into running. She ran into a man with a trench coat when trying to squeeze past a woman with a stroller.

"Watch it!" He growled and lowered his head, grumbling to himself and walking away. "Sorry.." She mumbled and watched him walk away slowly. What was his problem. Whatever.

She shrugged it off and started to run a little less fast this time.

Minutes later, at eight thirty sharp, she arrived at the theatre. She panted, out of breath. A man opened one of the double doors in front if her and raised an eyebrow.

"Almost late," he said sternly while wagging a finger at her.

She sighs in return, "Sorry boss..." She didn't have an adequate excuse so she just sulked ahead and opened both the double doors, running to the closet to get her silky costume.

Although it wasn't Broadway, it was something. Show time was in an hour which meant she had thirty minutes after putting her costume and makeup on to go over her lines.

She lifted her blouse up and over her head and reached for the dress.

_________________________________________________________________

Sorry for not putting a writers note or anything in the last chapter!

If you have any questions about me or the book, feel free to message me or comment. :)

I don't bite frequently. On occasion I do but that's not the point.

Sorry for the lack of action also, but, I promise to put some in the next chapter!

- Zoe :)