Crumbling

Alyssa reached for her dress and she heard a strange sound. Like something hard was hitting the ground.

'Sorry,' she thought, 'the show would have to wait.'

She pulled her arm back in and put the shirt back on.

She opened the door cautiously and then opened it all the way when she realized the sound must've came from outside the theatre.

She grabbed her bag in case there was a chance that she wouldn't return to the theatre today and hustled outside towards the small crowd and the cast of her show.

"Hey guys, what's-"

She saw the gigantic bluish portal in the sky and stood there paralyzed for a few seconds.

"Up...?"

In some circumstances, this would have been deemed funny. But this was something that people might have dreamed of. It was a nightmare in reality for some. For others, this was life.

'This cannot be real... Right?'

Alyssa thought to herself, five short minutes later. Some of the people had left to go check on family or to get back home.

She was taking the walk back to her apartment and intended to hide out there for the rest of the day in solitude.

Her best friend, Deborah Peters had texted her, asking if she was okay.

She didn't live in New York but Alyssa figured that the news had probably captured something of the portal.

You couldn't exactly miss it.

The portal was probably a good two blocks away from her house. Was this a good or bad thing?

'Probably bad.' She decided, opening and locking her apartment door behind her. She looked out the window at the giant thing.

She could see pretty well into it. It looked like it opened into space. So far, no one had tried going in or out of it but hey, a lot could happen in ten minutes.

_________________________________________

Okay maybe I was wrong about action but hey, something exciting happened!

xD

This is a short writers note but I have nothing to talk about so...

I'm done. Thanks so much for reading!

-Zoyo