Chapter 4

She stared out the window from the safety of her small apartment living room. She sighed, disconnecting her gaze and reached for the remote control.

The tv flickered on after she pressed the big on button and slid a warm fuzzy fan blanket onto herself.

"-the large portal-like object on our New York City sky seems to be the entrance to something. What? We do not know yet, NYPD Is working on figuring that out."

She grumbled. "Figures," she said to herself. They never told civilians anything. If they did, it was the general just.

Then, something she didn't expect happened. Things on flying scooters spilled out of the portal. She stood up, not bothering to even turn the tv off.

She looked out the window for what seemed like the millionth time that day. One flew close to the window and she tried to quickly study it's face as it flew by.

Definitely alien. The skin had a green-blackish hue to it and it wasn't from anything she has heard of.

The portal was spilling out gigantic lizard type things now and streets were chaotic. Almost no one besides the police were on the streets. That's when the avengers came.

Alyssa was already downstairs and outside, face to face with an alien. Up close, it's face was rough and slightly scaly.

It picked her up and hauled her over its shoulder like a sack of rice. They flew higher and higher. New York looked really weird upside down...

_________________________________________

Sorry for keeping you waiting :/

I know this isn't the most interesting book or chapter right now but I'm trying..

Thanks for keeping up with the book guys :)

Bye for now,

Zoe