So Many Questions

Something was.....off. You couldn't tell what, but there was something that just seemed to be...missing from your apartment. But, everything was there and accounted for. Your TV, the food, the books, the movies. So, what was missing?

Trying to distract your mind, you reached for the remote, that was just barely out of you reach. God damn Jack and his slightly longer arms. Wait...where was Jack? You hadn't seen him in a while, and though it wasn't odd for the two of you to go a few days without physically seeing each other, you could always find little things that confirmed the others presence. Like a pair of shoes left at the front door without a second thought, or a coat thrown over the back of the couch, or the containers of miscellaneous meat left in the fridge. But looking at the place now, all of it seemed to be missing.

When had he left? Why hadn't you noticed sooner? Was he okay? Would he be coming back?

Instead of grabbing the remote, your hand drifted to your phone. You were gonna get to the bottom of this, one way or another. Even if you had to pull some strings to hunt him down.

'Where are you?'

Simple enough question. Straight to the point, and with no room for misinterpretation.

'Out.'

And of course that's how he replies.

'Out where?'

'A walk.'

'OK, so? That doesn't tell me where.'

'I don't know, some where in the woods.'

'When will you get back?'

And you waited for his response. First for a few minutes, then a few hours, then days, and weeks, and before you knew it, summer break had arrived, releasing you from the duties of collage for a few months, before you would be dragged back in.

As the claws of school loosened, something else slithered up from the depths of your mind and grabbed a hold of you.

Loneliness.

The beast hit you with the force of a tsunami, destroying every semblance of happiness you thought you had. That was when you realized just how much Jack had changed your life, and it made you miss him even more.

Before Jack had come, you were fine, hell, you were happy to be alone. It gave you time to think and rest, and just be yourself without having to worry about what someone would judge you. Then he came along.

He used to make you breakfast, and dinner on the days that you were wiped out by a hard shift. He cleaned the house while you were gone, and went grocery shopping when your fridge was running low. He didn't even ask for money, he just payed for it himself. He never once complained about your horrible shower singing, or how you would almost always quote the movies you watched together. He didn't care that when you 'sat' on the couch, you took up almost the entire thing by laying on it.

And looking back on it, you had to ask yourself a very important question.

When had Jack started to mean so much to you?