Chapter 6 - Halloween Pt. 3

Tate's POV

I watch, surprised, as Violet unlocks the tiny gate of the teacup we're seated in and pushes it open, hopping out of it immediately. She jogs towards the much larger gate that surrounds the cheerful ride, moving her eyes back and forth to find the exit.

I follow closely behind her and smile at her from behind. I observe how her long light-brown hair flows behind her as she runs, along with her black floral dress and oversized burgundy cardigan. I watch as she slows down when we reach the nearest bench, her patent leather Dr. Martins scraping against the pavement as she comes to a complete stop.

She slides onto the seat and frowns, glancing back and forth at all the happy children. I copy Violet's actions and take a seat next to her and placing my hand on her knee, which she immediately swats away.

"What's the matter, Vi?" I inquire and she turns to face me only to just shrug and turn back away. "Seriously, Violet. Are you okay?"

"No," She sighs. "I'm not okay. Look at all these kids... They're all so happy. They have no idea what's coming, Tate. Tate. You're a fucking murderer. I-I don't know what's going on. I was just saying that this world is just-" She's crying now, the tears slowly falling down her cheek. I reach over to wipe them away but she swats my hand away once again.

"Don't fucking touch me!" She shrieks and I am taken aback, completely speechless. "You're a murderer. A murderer! I know what you're capable of, Tate. You could be plotting to kill everyone here right now and I wouldn't know, because ghosts can't read minds. I'm dead, Tate. I'm fucking dead because of you. I don't know why I ever forgave you. I-I'm just so stupid." She cries and so do I. I cry and cry and I know we've caused a scene. There are at least 40 people staring at us right now, their mouths hanging open and their hands covering their children's ears.

I look at Violet one more time and she just shakes her head before sprinting away and disappearing into the crowd. I try to follow her but I am stopped by a male police officer that looks around the age of 20.

"Hey," He pushes my shoulder back and I scowl at him. "I'm going to have to ask you to-"

"Leave." I interrupt him. "That's not going to happen, though. I'm looking for someone." I smirk and walk past him but he grabs my arm and pulls me right back.

"I'm going to ask you one more time to leave, and if you don't there wil be big consequences." He stares at me and I try to return the favor but fail and laugh instead.

"I wouldn't mess with me if I were you." I smirk once again and he slams me against one of the many fake buildings, smiling as he sees the look of pain washing over my face. I release my wrist from his strong grip and punch him in the eye, causing him to take a step back and nearly trip on his own feet. I take this moment of weakness as the perfect time to strike and slam him onto the ground. Repeatedly punching him in the face until he stops trying to fight back.

"Please." Are the last whispered words I head before punching him one last time. Satisfied, I stand up and bump into a small figure. I lift my head up and mentally cry as I see a completely broken pair of brown eyes looking up at me in disappointment.

SUPER SHORT BUT HEY I UPDATED YAYAYAY AND SORRY THIS CHAPTER ISN'T CUTE AND FILLED WITH SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS BUT THIS IS AMERICAN HORROR STORY NOT STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE ILY GUYS <3 AND PS YOU ALL HAVE AMAZING MUSIC TASTES (i was reading the comments when i asked your favorite bands).

What is your favorite show? (besides ahs)

~ahscry xx