Chapter XXII.

A Step Closer to the Truth

There was a large room on the first floor of Hylos' place

There was a large room on the first floor of Hylos' place. One of the walls was completely covered with books of different kinds, most of them either historical fiction or horror stories written by some of the best elven authors. Those were Hylos' favourite so no wonder they make appearance in his private collection.

On the other side, there was a table and few comfortable seats next to it. The pillows were dark green and going well with the royal atmosphere that spreaded throughout whole mansion. The table had yellow shiny covering with few golden stripes and two cups of tea on the top of it.

"I hope you like it." Hylos said. "It is made from the finest leaves of lime tree, should be good for calming down before sleep." He smiled before grabbing a small aluminum pot and asking: "How many cubes of sugar do you want?"

The girl currently sitting in one od those comfortable seats smiled, for the first time her hood was off allowing the centaur to see her pure white hair. Despite the colour, she didn't look old, quite the opposite, it gave her an additionally charming note.

"Two please." Natalia didn't exactly expect this when she first agreed to help them but she wasn't against it at all. She liked this very much, actually, she felt like she was home once again.

"Here." Hylos said dropping two cubes in her, still steaming drink. He also put a tray filled with all kinds of cookies that would go well with a late night tea, like if she was at a tea party where the finest guests were invited so everything had to be perfect. Even when she was a child there wasn't as many different treats, if there was, she might've even liked going to family meetings and special private parties.

"Thank you. This is really nice of you." She said taking a chocolate chip cookie and trying it. She loved the taste. "Have you made those? They are amazing!"

The centaur chuckled and replied: "Unfortunately, I have two left arms in kitchen. No, these aren't made by me but are product of a trustworthy chef that has been cooking for my family for years." He took a cookie that had some kind of cream on the top and a strawberry and ate it. "Try these, they are my favourites."

The girl took his advice and tried them. "Woah. These sure are tasty." She said with full mouth, not really caring for any rules of polite behaviour her tutors used to teach when she was little. She despised them and that is one more reason why she went away from home once the chaos and family fights started.

"Hehe." Hylos chuckled. "I'm glad you like them. Now, would you please excuse me, I'll be right back, I just want to bring Odette some food too. I don't want her to be hungry either." He said, taking a plate and placing several of the tastiest cakes and cookies on it. Only the best for his Princess, you could really say he cared for her. With that, he was already on his way towards her.