Chapter XXVII.

You're My Hero

Footsteps of two ladies were singing through the long hallways of the dark dungeon

Footsteps of two ladies were singing through the long hallways of the dark dungeon. Karina and Alice were the two who soon reached poor Ruby who has been knocked out by blood loss.

Karina immediately ducked on her knees and pulled the small blonde out of pool of her own blood. “Ruby!” She yelped. “No! What in the world has happened to you?!” She yelled, gently shaking her, trying to wake her up. “Please, say something!!”

Alice put a hand on her shoulder. “There is no use… I don’t see how she’d survive this much of blood leakage.” She said sadly.

“N-no!” The blue haired girl said, checking her friend’s pulse. “It can’t be…” She mumbled, looking for anything, any sign of life. When she felt the slow beating, she sighed in relief. “I-I can feel her pulse.” She said with a smile.

“Then we should hurry up! She might be alive now but not for a long time if the bleeding doesn’t stop. Seriously, what has happened to her…?” The demoness said, picking Ruby up from Karina’s arms. “Find somebody who can heal.” She said before walking into the nearby room, trying to at least help her not to die until they found somebody who could actually save the little girl in red hood.

***

The centaur in golden armour stood on one side of the room while on other side stood a once glorious knight, without any of his fancy armours, equipped only with his rapier and newly received magic.

They were both staring at each other like a pray, with bloodlust in their eyes. They both knew blood will be spilled during that night but they also both thought that blood won’t be theirs.

All of it was for her, the girl both of the men wanted by their sides. Odette was simply watching, fear in her eyes. Her white sleeping dress was still perfectly beautiful on her just like it was when Lancelot took her with him. She didn’t want a fight but it was the only way she could be saved.

“Lancelot, this fight doesn’t have to unravel. Just step away from the princess and drop your weapon and you don’t have to get hurt.” Hylos said, his staff glowing in blue light. He was ready to do whatever it takes to take the princess back to a place where she’d be safe.

“Do you really think I’d hand her over to you that easily?!” The blonde man with long hair asked, angrily. “Never! She is mine, you hear me? MINE!” He yelled. “And nobody, I repeat, NOBODY will stand in my way, especially not you.”

The much taller man sighed, rising his spear. “Then, I’m sorry for what will follow.” He said before charging in, followed with a gust of wind that’s strength kept increasing as it continued blowing.