inroduction

3rd pov

"Excuse me ma'am." The soft voice of a woman speaks and she lightly nudges the side of sleeping Dakotas arm, trying to wake her up.

"Ma'am we have landed. It's time to get up." She says once again but this time she succeeds and receives a slight response from Dakota but it was one she was okay with so she walks away.

You're almost home

Dakota stands up from the crowded blue airplane seat and grabs her dark brown bag from overhead, making sure nothing else falls down with it. She lets out a sigh and slowly roll it out of the plane and into the main lobby where— the last time she saw jonah was.

She felt a ping in her heart and an overwhelming feeling come over her. She did what she thought was best for her and her family but was it really the best for her? Could she do this by herself?

Dakota quickly grabs the handle to her bag and rush over to the huge sign with a cartoon lady on it, pushing open the large doors and breaks down crying into her dry hands.

You need to be strong. You need to be the brick of this family. You need to be okay.

After a few moments she stands up and walks over to the mirror, washing her hands and fixing the bit of eyeliner that has smeared underneath her puffy eyes and takes one last deep breath before exiting the tile filled room and into the parking garage where her uber was waiting.

dakota's pov

"Does this looks right?" The man smiles at me from the front of the car. I light out a nod and return a smile.

"Yep! Seems like forever ago I saw this place!" I laugh and he chuckles while pulling my luggage from the back of the trunk.

"Oh, are you returning from college?" He asks, now curious about my previous whereabouts. I let out a little chuckle and grab the handle of the bag.

"Yeah, something like that." I give him a fake smile and started my way up to the home that seems so much like home but feels like a completely different place.

You got this Dakota, one step at time.

I raise my hand and clench it into a small fist, lightly laying it onto the nice oak wood door before lifting it up and bringing it down with force. Foot steps appear from the inside and soon enough the door slowly opens to reveal and tired looking Bethany.

"Mom!"

"Dakota? Oh my god! What are you doing here?" She smiles but then starts to freak out as she engulfs me into a hug.

"I needed to come back for you guys mom. I couldn't let you be alone with...him." I slightly frown and pull away from the fragile woman.

"No, you need to go." She suddenly pushes and starts to lead me down the concrete stairs onto the path.

"Mother, what do you mean? I can't go." I worry and stop the small woman in her tracks.

"Kota, I promise i'll explain everything to you over the phone. Just please, get out of here before-"

"Dakota?"

"Dad?"

-

Next chapter at 5 votes and 3 comments!

Short little introduction/chapter I know! But welcome to book two of "you're a dick" (before i say anything else thank you guys so much for 10k reads on that!)

so basically dakota just arrived at her house and her mom was clearly surprised and wanted her to leave due to something unknown...as she
was trying to convince her dakotas dad arrives home after a night out!