Why?

Why. Why does he hate her? Why can't she ask? Why can't they love each other? Why can't he love her?

Draco sits alone behind the beech tree overlooking the lake, facing away from the school. Nobody can see him, he can be alone. Hermione hates him now. He hated himself.

He saw her running away. Tears streaming down her beautiful face.

She ran out to the lake. She sat behind a large birch tree. She saw Draco sit by a tree not far from her. What did he come for? He hated her, but he chose to be near her.

She heard a rustling from his direction. Good, he was leaving. She could want to die in peace.

But the rustling got louder. She shifted in her place. She pulled up her knees and put her head in her knees. She was now smaller. Draco can't see her as well now.

But he already knew where she was. He walked over to her and sank down beside her. His legs were pulled up to his chest and his arms were around his legs. His cold grey eyes were soft and pale. He looked out across the water.

Hermione clamped her eyes shut. Her face was red and hot. Her eyes burned. Draco was next to her. He wasn't moving. He was making no noise. He wasn't hurting her. No touching, no talking. Just silnce. He was so close, more than he had ever been. They were practically touching and he was doing nothing. Something was wrong. But what?

Hermione shifted her head. She looked up and out over the lake. She sighed deeply and it made her hiccup. She closed her mouth quickly, she sounded like she was sobbing. And she realized she was. Tears rolled down her face and her shoulders were heaving and she sobbed and sobbed and sobbed. Draco looked alarmed. What was wrong? He turned and looked at her in alarm. She was crying so hard. He blinked a few times and turned all the way around so his body was facing her.

He wanted to say something.

"A- Are you okay?" He asked quietly.

Hermione cried harder. She put her face in her hands.

"No. No. No, are you alright?" He tried again.

Hermione was stil sobbing but quieter. She looked up and looked at him, right in the eye, her face miserable and furious.

"Granger. . ."

"What do you want?" She sounded angry.

"No, really, are you okay?" Draco just wanted a yes or a no, not this. He didn't want her to hate him.

"What does it matter to you? Why are you even here? Come to make me miserable again?" She looked hard at him, her bottom lip quivering, and she lost it. She jumped up and ran along the edge of the lake. She just ran and ran and dodn't know where to go or where she was going. Her head was buried in her hands. She jut stayed by the lake.

Draco got up and ran after her. What had he done?

He chased after her, catching up quickly. He ran right behind her and managed to sneak up beside her. He grabbed one of her arms and caught her around the waist. She swung around and landed softly in front of him. He held on to her tightly. He would not let go of her for the world.

Hermione tried to pull away from him but she couldn't.

"What do you want?"

"Not this," He said.

Hermione stopped moving. She looked into his eyes.

"Then what do you want?"

"I want you to love me."

"What?"

"I love you, Granger."

And he kissed her.

—————————

615 words

Please vote and comment!

11th June 2018
Monday

Shizz 😘