Chapter 7: Birds of a Feather Flock Together

"So, you're a prince?" Newt says as he swatted at flying insects that tried to land on his snout. "Indeed," Envy says.

"Then why are you out here? Alone? No guards or anything to protect you?"

Envy flicked his tongue as he went silent for a few moments, but he knew Newt was waiting for an answer. Envy thought about the possibilities of what would happen if he really did tell Newt how he got here-- the reason wasn't the problem, in a way. It didn't want to deemed as a criminal and lose trust in Newt, but being honest was better than lying and the IceWing finding out the truth later on.

"I'm looking for the Gem of Tyranny," Envy said. "My family was willing to kill any dragon that stood in their way, and they tried to use me as a weapon." 
Smoke rose from the prince's nose, but he continued to speak. "I rebelled against my parent's orders, my father got furious. Fearing for my life, I attacked him, and escaped. My mission is to just-- save lives. The dragons of Pyrrhia is going completely insane over power, especially my own family."

"How are we supposed to find the gem, anyway?" Newt lowered his wings.

"Caspian, obviously, hid it somewhere, and we just gotta find the clues. They're in the scrolls from what I've heard-- the RainWings should have a library in the village."

"...Are you sure Queen Glory will allow a NightWing and an IceWing to go to the library?" Newt said with uncertainty. "With everything that's going on, I doubt she'd accept us."

Envy flared his wings, snorting.

"Well, It's the only option we have, Newt. If she rejects my request, then I may as well steal the scrolls. I did not ruin my reputation and my own life  for nothing."

The two dragons went further into the rainforest, they occasionally spotted brightly colored RainWings glide around, zooming through the trees, and even climbing them like monkeys. 

"Why is there so many?" Newt asked as he craned his head upwards. "Don't they just sleep all day?" Flies swarmed around Newt's body, and he flapped his wings in an attempt to keep them away.

"It's before noon. RainWings take their naps at noon." Envy aburtly stopped when he saw a RainWing crash into the trees, spooking birds and other forest animals. The rainforest dragons never seemed to notice a NightWing and IceWing wandering through their home, until a marigold-orange RainWing suddenly appeared, hanging from his tail as he looked at Envy and Newt. The RainWing's scales were slowly shifting to a golden yellow as it smiled. "Hello, there!" The RainWing says as he curled his prehensile tail, lifting his entire body onto the branch he hang from. "Who are you two? Wait! I know! Uh, a-- NightWing-- and an-- uh-- Ice. IceWing. Right?"

Newt looked at Envy, dumbfounded by the dragon's stupidity. Envy glared at him, silently telling Newt not to insult the dragon. Envy turned his gaze onto the RainWing, who's lower body was now completely yellow. "Greetings," Envy says. "I have a question. My friend and I are lost; we're looking for the RainWing village. We have to go to the library for some research."

Hues of blue was splattering on the RainWing's scales as his ears perked upwards with interest. "I can show you! But... I'm not sure if Queen Glory would like that."

Newt stepped up. "We're only going to be there for a while, not for long. We'll leave as soon as we're done." 

"We're not a threat," Envy adds. "We have no reason to harm any of you."

Lilac purple spread across the RainWing's body, while his wings were splattered with gold. "Hmmm... alrighty! Follow me." 

The RainWing climbed up the tree at amazing speeds, dashing through the canopy. Newt flapped into the sky, his size a great advantage because he easily avoided clusters of branches and leaves during flight, while Envy had to climb. The prince flicked his tongue as he set a talon onto the bark. He tug his claws into the wood was he launched himself upwards with his back legs, subsequently, he prodded his back-talons into the tree. His talons wasn't like a RainWing's claws, which were curved and slender, while Envy's talons were small, slightly curved at the tips, but not long enough to efficiently get a hold onto tree bark.