thursday 17th october 2017

i came to school the next day with red puffy eyes, and an equally red nose. i had straightened my hair in an attempt to not look stupid.
although when i got to my friends, all hope had been lost.
"what the hell? why is your hair straight?!" jae-eun was first to point it out, she didn't seem to like it.
"because i straightened it?"
"yeah i can tell, but why?"
i started to feel even more self conscious with my hair straight than what i did with my hair curly.
i was fitting into the 'stereotype' now, why were they treating it so badly?
"is it bad?"
"yeah, it looks stupid!" ji-su was quick to answer.
"well then what do i do?"
"make it curly again," jae-eun said it like it was as simple as 1+1.
"but... you think it looks stupid curly, so how do i not look stupid?"
"i don't know, work it out yourself!"

i had math first, i considered sitting at the back again thinking that yoongi would sit with me, but i thought that idea was stupid so i sat with jae-eun and ji-su.
out of the corner of my eye i saw yoongi sitting in the spot he sat in yesterday.
clearly yoongi had the same idea as me but decided to actually follow through with it.
i felt so bad about what i'd done.
i don't know why, it's not like i was close friends with him.
the teacher wrote a bunch of fractions on the board to help us understand, obviously i understood, but i worried yoongi didn't.
"now i have a worksheet for you all! let me just get it out!"
the teacher started going through her bag, a perplexed look on her face, then she looked up and spoke again.
"seems i left them in my office, i'll be right back"
i followed the teacher with my eyes as she left our room, as soon as she was out of sight, i checked it jae-eun and ji-su were distracted. sure enough, they were locked in conversation, completely forgetting i existed. i took this as my chance, i grabbed my books and went over to yoongi, sitting down next to him.
"changed your mind i see," yoongi looked up at me, his eyes looked equally as tired as i felt.
"yeah," i replied.
"why?"
"feel bad i guess"
"alright"
we stayed silent all lesson, but it wasn't awkward, it was comfortable.

at recess i decided to hang around yoongi's friends, who were all quite happy to have me there.
"so why aren't you with your usual bunch?" a boy named jungkook asked, he was cute, but with a jawline that looked like it could slice a watermelon.
"i don't really like them anymore," i looked towards jae-eun, ji-su, and the rest of them.
the people i used to love.
the people i thought loved me back.
the people who broke my trust and confidence.
i didn't love them anymore.
i hated them.
i'd smash their heads into a wall if i could.
so what if i had an accent.
it wasn't doing them any harm was it?
so what i have curly hair.
it wasn't affecting them was it?
absolute.
fecking.
bitches.

A/N: this chapter is quite short but whatever, i hope you liked it xx