Chapter 3-Ramen Buddies

Disclaimer: I don't not own Naruto, all rights to Masashi Kishimoto. The plots are mine with appearances of the series scenes.

*****

Sweat dropped, eyes watched the liquid drain from sight. Sakura and Naruto watched eager to eat their ordered ramen.

Once they were handed their bowls, chopsticks snapped apart. Slurps was the only sound as the two ate without breath, before long another round was ordered.

Sakura paused while she remembered the tradition and her fondness towards ramen itself and it all began when the two were announced as ramen buddies.

*Flashback*

"Beat that Naruto," Sakura dared with a triumphant smirk on her fac as she looked at her close-to-centre throw.

Kunai and shurikin scattered along the grass floor as two classmates breathed heavily from the exhaustion of their training/bet.

"I will, believe it!" he promised as he took his stance and aimed.

Sakura watched on praying he would fail but hoped he would succeed, her soft spot was getting too large, she in some situations will be vulnerable if Naruto would be involved but she wanted to enjoy the moment before they will be separated from each other into different gennin teams.

The wind blew, settling some dirt in his eye as he launched his kunai, time froze as it rested in the dead centre of the target.

Jaws dropped, one may have dislocated. Sakura huffed in annoyance and pride with Naruto growing in strength Sakura needs to train and become stronger so she can protect him and those who are precious.

"Yes, We are getting ramen!" he exclaimed in excitement as he dragged Sakura through the village.

What is it with Naruto and ramen? Sakura wondered. She would soon find out and see what the rave is all about.

Swerving and dodging all the villagers they marched their way through, Naruto was flinched upon as though his present was spreading the plague like jam on toast.

It seemed unfair but her gut feeling told her it was similar to herself, the horrors she hides beneath the skin and the false smile. The demons that haunt the past, present and future.

It could be the same for him, his bravery astounds her but if only she could be that strong to let go.

With understanding Sakura placed her hand on his shoulder reassuring him that they were here together.

Naruto gave a grateful smile and they  moved in hast as they bounded through the door and sat on some vacated stools.

"Two serves of of miso ramen Pops," Naruto ordered.

The chef nodded his head as his daughter filled some refreshments.

Naruto smiled wildly as he mumbled ramen over and over. She could see the drool.

Sakura stopped and took in her surroundings, the rich broth swung in the air, the beef sizzled on the grill and Sakura's stomach began go squirm. She extremely hungry from the academy, she didn't even eat lunch and it was one of those golden moments were you blame the parents.

Shortly after her thoughts two steaming blows slid in front of the two friends, while Naruto snapped his chopsticks and basically swallowing it whole, Sakura looked at its essence.

It glowed with warmth, she slowing lifted the noodles into her mouth, it was delicious. With the simple taste the pain disappeared, ramming as much of the delectable goodness into her mouth. She would have to thank Naruto later.

"More!" the two exclaimed in unison.

They turned to each other with cheesy smiles plastered on their faces and together laughed till their hearts content.

Together they ate into the night untied with ramen.

*Flashback over*

Sakura smiled fondly at the memory and remembered that in to the morning she couldn't attend to the academy because of eating too much ramen. You live and your learn, some comes with pain and others with ramen.

Sakura knew this was the beginning but with prolonging days arriving her monsters will surface.

If only they could hide their demons from each other but they could never know how close they actually are. Within the balance of time the chains on what bound them close with either with the cherry blossom tree. Maybe some tomato loving glue can glue their bonds together.

Hello, thank you for reading this chapter. If you have enjoyed it please either comment or vote.

Sorry that it is really short as well.

Please no flames (hate)!

Thank you,

~FanFiction_PJo_2000