New game

She should probably think of something to say to this girl.  After all she was taking her lunch break to walk Gwen around,  and it seemed more likely that Don was simply enthusiastic as opposed to it being her job to orientate,  considering the girl was only a counselor in training.  Gwen had been hoping to find the camp director when she first arrived,  whoever that might be.  It's not like she had been told much about this place.  She hoped someone in charge would be here to discuss some living arrangements. 

"So,  is this your first year here?" Gwen asked the blonde in front of her,  who continued to lead her onto the road circling the outer camp sites. 

"Yes, in fact it is for a lot of the staff.  The camp was only founded recently." 
She explained to Gwen as a certain camper watched the two women from across the camp.  Max sat by the window of the main hall,  too far away to fully see faces yet, but he got a weird feeling looking at the new hire.  The dual toned hair had grown only a little, but it was still obvious with the ponytail.  The clothes were new.  He could hardly believe it, and he almost burst out laughing.  He had to be right.  He was right,  and he could only imagine how David would react knowing who was just added to his staff.  Max thought to himself for a minute before ducking into the hall.  This was a rare opportunity to entertain himself.  Messing with Gwen had never disappointed him.  Now all he needed was the perfect scheme.  He sort of wished he still had Nikki and Neil to help implement his ideas, though he could make do on his own.  He slipped into the camp kitchen where the main cook was organizing inventory.  The man was used to Max coming and going, often raiding the shelves when he got bored.  Cook was tall and more muscly than most of the staff, and had hair that bordered on ginger. 
"Need something?" The cook asked as he watched his bosses adopted kid peering out through the serving window at the field. 
"Yeah. Information." Max said in return sounding laughably serious.  "The new girl. The one with Don."
The cook joined Max looking out the window.
"Her? Yeah, her bus arrived just now.  She was hired last minute because someone bailed and we were short staffed.  I doubt too many people even know about her."  The cook stated.
"Does David know?" Max asked perking up a bit and looking back at the cook.
"He pry knows they filled the position. But he was letting the committee deal with it so I doubt he knows much."
Max smirked at thought of David being oblivious.  It gave him the prime idea of how to make things interesting.  He moved back from the serving counter and stuck out the back door near the barbecue before Gwen and her tour guide made it to the building. 

Gwen had been paying very little attention to the blonde as they reached the hall.  She'd learned in the last few minutes that this girl talks a bit too much and would pry make a good auctioneer if she was ever looking for a new job. 
"Oh and you'll need a camp name." Don mentioned catching Gwen's attention.  "We all have one."  The blonde added.  "It's just a fake name so the kids can't look you up online after Camp.  Mine's sunshine. Just know that you're stuck with whatever one you pick." 
Gwen took note of this.  She had no clue what she'd call herself all summer.  After all she wasn't given a warning. 
Don cut in again.
"You could be Fern if you wanted? That one became available just before we hired you.  The girl that was using it had to quit." 
Gwen shrugged slightly.  It didn't seem that bad.
"Sure. Why not." She agreed with little protest.
The two girls finished their tour of the field and returned to where they left Gwen's bags.  The day had warmed up exceptionally by that point, and Gwen was beginning to feel like this camp had really bipolar weather.  None the less the ground looked less miserable with the sun beaming on the grass.  It sent a soft glow through the trails that they walked through to get to Gwen's cabin.  Don led her to one of the small cabins that read 'staff only' on a small sign.
"Since your paid staff you'll be staying here.  It's a bit of a walk from the main field but theres enough power to charge a phone at least."  The CIT told Gwen as she 'helped' lift bags over the small deck.  Gwen sighed as she opened the door and looked in at the small bed.  The mattress ripped only enough to be visible, and the space that was limited yet homey.  After pulling her stuff into the small room she leaned against the door frame. 
"Thanks."  She told the younger girl somewhat sincerely.  "Mind if I unpack for a few minutes and make my way back?"  Technically speaking Gwen was the boss of this volunteer. Though with the little information she had it seemed fair to be unsure.  It didn't take long before Gwen was once again left to her own devices.  She flicked the light on in the cabin and it of course took a full minute to work for her.  On top of it being dim enough to not make a difference.  She pulled some blankets out from her bag and did her best to make the bed look like a bed.  A draft flowed under the door with ease and filled the cabin.  The outside light snuck through only from the poorly covered windows on two walls.  Home sweet home for the next three months.  It would have to do at least. 
After throwing the pillow on her bed Gwen plopped down on it for the second that she allowed herself.  The moment she hit the mattress it became apparent that the sleep on the bus ride hadn't quite been good enough. Though she forced herself to sit back up and not call it a night at one pm.  After returning to the main area she found another staff member to help her get things sorted.  They got her contract signed and banking sorted out, and by the time that was done it was nearing sunset.  She was given a tentative schedule for the summer, giving her the slightest idea of how things ran.  Gwen was, at this point, coming to realize how unorganized Camp Campbell was in comparison to this place.  She could safely say she'd been briefed on everything she needed to be before returning to her cabin for the night.  However one thing still itched at her.  She still hadn't met her boss.