Chapter 3

Touka's POV

"Will you give me a chance...?", the word of his echoing inside my mind. I stared at him blankly, seeing his eyes looked at me seriously, I don't know what to reply. My brain seems to stop functioning.

"Touka-chan...Touka-chan! Are you okay? You seem pale...", he said.

"Emm...Kaneki, can you give me some time?", I said while avoiding eye contact with him.

"O-okay...sorry for bothering you...I'll take my leave.", he embarrassingly said as he turned away. I waved as my phone rang.

"Am I talking to Kirishima Touka?", I picked up the call as the person said.

"Yes. What's the matter?", I answered

"It's about Ayato-kun, he's involved with a fight again."

"Okay, I'll be there.", I sighed as I stopped the call.

"What happen?", he asked as he opened the door.

"Ayato's making trouble again.", I said as I forced a smile to him.

"I'll take you there, which high school?", he asked.

"Same as us back then, Konagi High School."

On the journey, we didn't say a single word to each other as both of us are too embarrassed to start a conversation after what happened earlier.

"It's your fault Kaneki.", I said in my mind while try not to look at him.

Kaneki's POV

As soon we arrive, I parked inside the campus after we got permission from the guard. We exited the vehicle and entered the main building.

"I'll be fine, you just wait around here.", she anxiously said before she ran into the building, leaving me alone.

I walked as I slowly remember back the times when I still study at here. Soon I realized I'm staring at the bench under the tree where I usually read my book. I sat down and laid back against the bench, looked at the high schoolers playing with basketball.

"What does high schooler usually do huh...? Studying...? Exams...? Club works...? Confessing...?", I mumbled as I suddenly remember what I said to Touka, my face flushed almost in an instant.

"What the hell I've done!!! Why I ask her about that? It's embarrassing, I want to die.", I internally screamed in my mind as I covered my face. After a while, I managed to calm down before someone suspected that I'm crazy.

"But still....high school....those good old memories....", I calmly said as my eyes slowly closed under the breeze.

Soon I noticed someone pokes my cheek, I opened my eyes as I tried to focus on who's in front me. Then I saw the purple haired girl stood beside me with a smug face as her finger still on my face.

"What you're doing?", I jokingly said.

"Nothing, it's okay now.", she said as she turned back her head and yelled. "Ayato!"

Soon a purple-haired teenager walked out of the building with his hands in the pocket, slowly walked towards us. He's kinda surprised after he saw me.

"Yo, Ayato-kun. It's been a while.", I said while lifted up my hand.

"Y-yes, Kaneki-san...It's been a while.", he said as he walked behind Touka.

"Mmm...Touka-chan, you seems happy. Aren't you mad that he gets into a fight?", I said while I looked at her seemingly satisfying face.

"Well...Not anymore if you know the reason. Come here, I'll tell you.", she took a look on Ayato and slowly closing at my ear.

"Hey! Don't tell him, dumb sister!", he panicky yelled as he blushed madly.

"The thing is he's get into a fight while try to save a girl but that's all I know, he refuse to tell me though.", she said and sighed.

I looked at Touka in disbelief, then looked at him, a sly smile slowly appeared on my face.

"Ayato...", I stood up and walked towards him, closed my eyes and patted on his shoulder.

"Y-yes...?", he said.

"You're a man now.", I said while gave him a thumbs up. "Let's have a man's talk. Touka-chan, we'll be back soon, don't follow us, okay?"

"Yeah yeah, I know, go enjoy your man's talk."

As we walked, we came across a woman with her daughter.

"You're Kirishima Ayato-kun? Sorry if my daughter causes you trouble.", the woman said.

As they have a conversation, I looked at the woman's daughter.

"Short brown hair, not too tall or short, quite good looking though. Ayato-kun, you hit the jackpot.", I said in my mind.

"It's okay not big deal.", he replied with a slight smile on his face. After some talk, the pair soon left.

"That's her, huh?", I bumped his shoulder and asked.

"Yeah.", he said while waved goodbye to her.

"What's her name?"

"Fueguchi Hinami. Although she's quite clumsy but she's kind to anyone around her.", as he talked, I remember back when I'm the clumsy one and Touka always helped me cleared up the mess I make.

"Hey, are you listening to me?", he said in a harsh tone.

"Yes I have, you just like your sister, come on let's go back.", I said as I brushed his hair.

On the journey back to Touka's house, she just couldn't stop teasing him.

"Thanks for the ride, Kaneki.", she said though the passenger side window.

"Nah it's okay.", as I said, I noticed some uncertainty in her face. "What's the matter, not feeling well?"

"Emm...regarding the things you've say earlier.....I'll....I'll reply to you soon or later...", she embarrassingly said as her face flushing red while avoided eye contact with me.

"O-okay...take your time...Bye.", I said.

"Bye and thank you, Kaneki.", she said. I took a peak at her, I widened my eyes as I awed by the scene before me, the glow of the sunset shined across her face as she gave me a smile while her face still visible with a tiny blush. She later turned around and went into her house afterwards.

"Damn....did my heart just skipped a beat?", I mumbled as I put my hand on my chest, tried to calm down.

"Yeah....definitely."