a boring beginning

"HONEY WAKE UP YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!" my mom screamed from the kitchen.
"Mom it's literally the first day of summer there's no school." I texted her from the comfort of my bed because I definitely couldn't be bothered to yell or get out of bed.
My mom texted back an apology, and told me to have a good day and that she loved me as I heard the front door close shut as she was on her way to work. My name is Jamie. I'm just your average 17 year old girl. I drink Starbucks, wear trendy clothes, take about a million selfies a day, geek out about boys, wear makeup and all that good stuff. I have light brown hair that falls just below my shoulders, and light green eyes that are almost blue. As of right now I don't have a boyfriend but I do have a best friend and that's all I need. Of course I'm not opposed to having a boyfriend and it would be nice but for right now Riley (my best friend ever) is as close as I'm gonna get. Riley and I have been best friends since 6th grade and we've been doing pretty much everything together ever since. But anyway, I have a mom and dad who love me and a brother who loves me sometimes. My parents names are Skylar and Brady Thompson, making me and my brother Jamie and Carter Thompson. My brother is 21 years old and is 4 years older than me. We get along pretty well, better than the stereotypical brother and sister duo, only fighting for probably no longer than 20 minutes and over stupid things. As kids we were super close, we did everything together. He's moved out now, but still lives close.
I live in Venice, California and go to Venice High School. I don't want to sound like that annoying bitch but I'm pretty popular at school. Im not like the head of the school and I'm actually nice to people, but I have a pretty large friend group that consists of about 20 people. And of course I'm friends with the kids in the younger grades because I'm honestly just a huge people person. I love meeting new people and even if they aren't meant to be my best friends it's nice to have people to just say hi to in the hallways and follow on Instagram even though you never really have real conversations together. I had a boyfriend once but things went really wrong with him and I've never had the courage to tell anyone yet but I'm sure someday someone will find out. Anyway, today is my first day of summer and I'm totally stoked. Don't get me wrong I love school but man I need some freedom! And I definitely need some sun, Im whiter than the stay puff marshmallow man. I can't wait to just have all the time in the world to do whatever I want with my summer. Hang out with Riley everyday, go shopping, go to the beach, etc. No responsibilities. No obligations.