Hum saath saath hai

This SS is a like a sequel of my previous SS "By your side". However, this can be treated as an independent entity.

The manhoosiyat phase had ended and Naina had declared to the gang on the form submission day that although she was filling up both Patel and VJN forms, she would manage to convince Chachaji to let her take admission in VJN.

Sameer was elated that now Naina would be with him everyday like in PVKM, with little more freedom as college was a place without so many rules and restrictions on girls and boys mingling together. But on the other hand, he didn't want her to compromise on her studies and career just to be with him.

"Nahi Naina, tum Patel mein hi admission logi. Tum topper ho aur saare toppers wahi padhte hai. Mein nahi chahta ki tumhari padhayee ke saath koi bhi samjhauta ho. Yaad hai na, tumne mujhse vaada kiya tha ki tumhari padhayee ke beech mein koi nahi aayega, na main, aur naahi hamara pyaar. Aur fir main aaunga na roz tumse Patel mein milne, college ke baad".
Sameer tried to put his foot down as it was the question of Naina's education.

"Yaad hai mujhe, aur yeh bhi yaad hai ki tumne kaha tha ki hamara pyaar hamari taqat hai, hum use kamzori nahi banne denge. Fir tumhe kyon lagta hai ki agar main tum sabke saath VJN mein padhungi toh meri padhayee mein kami reh jaayegi? Chachaji kehte hai ki phool ka paudha bageeche mein lagao ya gamle mein uagao, use achcha khaad paani milega toh phool khilega hi aur khushboo failayega. Mein chahe Patel mein padhoo ya VJN mein, agar main apna dimaag lagaungi aur padhayi karoongi toh kahi bhi top karungi". Naina argued logically.

Sameer started to say something, but Naina whispered slowly "Aur ab main tumse aur durr nahi reh sakti. Itni lambi judaii ke baad kya tumhara mann nahi karta mere saath rehne ka?" she asked him with a sullen expression and that was his undoing.

He took a deep breath, heaved, and finally relented with a shake of his head. A small victorious smile tugged at the corner of Naina's mouth.

"Tum chinta mat karo, hum padhayee bhi karenge aur pyar bhi". Naina gave a flirtatious smile with this statement that made him skip two heartbeats.

This was indeed a very bold statement for Naina, he realized that their distance had brought them even more closer and how much she had grown to love and trust him. After their hug at his house the other night (last part in By your side), she had grown more comfortable with him. Although she still blushed, which endeared her more, she accepted his side hugs when no one was looking. She was also not uncomfortable to hold his hand in front of the gang. Their relationship had definitely grown emotionally as now there was nothing in his life that Naina didn't know, right from his childhood till date, everything that occurred in Delhi, all about his fears and insecurities that had led him to close his mind and senses and believe in Dadi's nonsense. But now, all was well as she had marched right inside his soul as was her right and uprooted all the rubbish out of him forever. Time and again he recalled Nanu's last words that Naina would be his partner forever and he had trusted her to always be there for him. Though at times, she was not physically present, she always knew when he needed her and somehow her love would warm his heart and mind and bring him solace. Although he had also formed other bonds, thanks to Naina's patient counselling, he still considered only her to be his sole confidante.

He constantly gazed at her while she was busy devising a plan with Preeti and the gang as to how to convince her family about VJN, when she felt something and immediately looked at him. This was the best thing he loved about their relationship, both always knew when they needed each other and could easily read each other's heart through eyes, which had a conversation of its own and no words were needed. Although they were lightly holding hands, she firmly squeezed his palm as if trying to assure him that no matter what, she will always be there for him. She conveyed with her eyes that they were not only lovers but best friends and could share everything with each other.