Chapter I: Connor's Introduction

November 5, 2038

Connor

I walked out of the 4th bar in search for the detective Lieutenant Anderson was looking for.

We walked towards the car, and the lieutenant screamed out, "goddammit! Where is this girl?" He yanked the car door open hard and slammed it hard as well after angrily positioning himself in the car.

"Wasting my goddamn gas and time..." he moaned under his breath that my sensitive hearing barely picked up on.

"Lieutenant, it will be okay. On the bright side, we are getting much closer to finding her," I reassured him, only to get a groan from him as he took off through the heavy rain.

I looked out the window and watched the androids cleaning up the streets in the rain. The unfazed androids were soaking wet but worked diligently at their job. At every block, there was an android just cleaning up the trashes that were blown by the wind out of the trash cans, or just simply thrown around by humans.

Lieutenant Anderson parked the car and hopped out of the car, so I followed him while flipping the quarter I kept with me at all times.

I adjusted my neck tie as we stepped in front of Jimmy's Bar.

NO ANDROIDS ALLOWED

Lt. Anderson scoffed, "hey, no androids allowed."

I gave him a quick glance, and just continued to push the door open.

My mission is to accomplish my task no matter what.

And I always accomplish my missions.

Lt. Anderson stepped in, and I followed after him. He stopped in his tracks and sighed heavily, when his eyes laid on a girl sitting alone at the bar with a glass of whiskey in her hand.

"You got me looking all over Detroit for you" Lt. Anderson said, as he walked towards the girl. "You look like a goddamn mess."

Without looking over at him, she spoke, "that's a little rich coming from you, ain't it?" as she took another swig at her drink.

I took a glance at the miss to scan and analyze her.

(Y/N)
Born: 05/13/2010 // Detective
Criminal record: none

"Very funny, detective. You're on a case, get your ass up."

She used her hand and elbow to support her head and groaned, "tell em' I'm busy."

He snorted a laugh, "busy doing what? Getting drunk in the bar?"

She didn't respond, but she finally turned her head and looked over at Lt. Anderson. She gave me the quickest glance and back at him, "got yourself an android, huh?" She looked into her drink and watched her own reflection. "Thought you were the big anti-android guy. Finally gave in, I take it."

He sighed, "no, it's-"

"Must've been tempting, huh?" Her eyes casted down sadly.

I stepped in between them, which got her to finally look at me in my eyes.

"Detective (L/N), My name is Connor. I'm the android sent by CyberLife. We searched for you in the station, but no one knew where you were. Lieutenant Anderson said you were probably having a drink nearby. We were lucky to find you at the 5th bar," I told her.