Promise Never Broken

Reader

I touched Connor's face gently, stroking the synthetic skin that felt like real flesh with my thumbs. His eyes sparkled as they peered down at me.

"How-"

I cut myself off, unable to form the next words from being so shocked.

Am I dreaming?

I looked at him cautiously, afraid to blink. Afraid that he might disappear as soon as my eyes fluttered back open.

He looked so real. He looked like he was really there.

I retracted a hand off of him. With that hand, I reached to pinch my skin, but Connor swiftly grabbed my wrists, restraining them.

"I'm as real as it gets," he spoke, not a single moment has he broke eye contact. It was as if he read my mind.

"But how?" I managed to get out, my knees still fought against trembling to hold my weight.

"Do you remember Kamski?"

"Yeah?" I scrunched my brows, slightly displeased by his name.

He was a total freak.

"He knew the second he saw you... that you loved me."

My mouth dropped open, my face flushed red. "Wha-"

He smiled, and tightened his grasp around my wrist that still held onto me.

No! I..." my tongue tripped on its journey of embarrassment. "I, i-it wasn't like that before! He-he's a fucking creep!"

He chuckled slightly, the laugh warmed my heart and pleasantly went through my ear and out the other.

"It didn't seem that way for him," his lips still curved upwards, his handsome face was so kind.

I darted my eyes around in humiliation.

Did I really look like that?

"Anyways," he continued. "He revived me..." his hands traveled up my arms and held my shoulders delicately. "He revived me for you."

"F-for me...?"

His eyes casted down, his long lashes curtained over his brown eyes. He spoke with the grin still painted on his lips, "when I woke up in his home... he had told me he's only ever heard of humans falling in love with androids... but he's never seen it himself. That is, until he met us."

His eyes bounced back up and looked into mine. He looked so deeply into my eyes, and I was captivated by his gaze. He was so close, I could count every eyelash that decorated his eyelids.

"He said... it was beautiful. He said the way you looked at me... he wanted to secure that. He needed to secure that. He wanted to see his creation happy with humans."

He pulled me into his arms, my head buried into his chest. I could hear his heart pumping quickly with mine, as if they were beating and singing a song together.

"So thank you... for being able to bring me back," he breathed into my hair.

I closed my eyes, resting my head against him.

No... thank you for coming back to me.

I gripped onto his jacket.

I'll never let you go... never again.

Connor took a piece of my heart when he died but came back to return it.

"Although..." he whispered against my hair. "Some fragments of memory are lost every time I'm destroyed..."