5: Instability

Connor

I walked into the Detroit Police Department station and headed straight to the reception's desk.

The ST300 model asked, "can I help you?"

"I'm here to see Lieutenant Anderson," I said.

"Do you have authorization?"

"Yes," I connected the authorization to the android. Its LED turned yellow as we synched.

"Lieutenant Anderson hasn't arrived yet, but you can wait at his desk."

I walked towards the office, and came across Detective (Y/N)'s desk. I analyzed her neatly arranged desk. She had a stack load of paper, due to missing out on work from yesterday. I collected data from each and everything on her desk.

100 % COLLECTING DATA

RED ROSES
Age: 10 days
Symbolizes love

I looked at the flowers and noticed it's withering, on the verge of dying.

COFFEE
Caramel macchiato
Calories: 250 Saturated fatty acid: 4.5g Cholesterol: 25mg Carbohydrates: 37g

The drink was approximately 50 hours and 3 minutes old. The drink has been left lukewarm in the office for two days.

HAIRS
Canine hairs
German Shepherd

"Having fun snooping?" I heard the Detective's voice behind me.

I turned around to see Detective (L/N), her arms crossed in front of her chest. She looked well groomed, after the night of rolling her head around and collapsing everywhere.

"Good morning, Detective."

"Found something you like?" she asked as she went to sit down at her desk.

"(Y/N)!" the captain yelled. She and I both averted our gaze to him. "In my office," he turned to go in.

She rolled her eyes and walked into his office with glass windows, leaving him no privacy. I followed behind and closed the door. She sat down in the chair in front of the captain, and I stood behind her.

"I've got ten new cases involving androids on my desk every day," he started, his attention still on the screen. "We've always had isolated incidents, old ladies losing their androids and that kind of crap..." he looked at her. "But now we're getting reports of assault and even homicides. This isn't just CyberLife's problem anymore. It's now a criminal investigation and we've gotta deal with it before shit hits the fan. I want you and Hank to investigate these cases and see if there's any link."

"Why me?" she protested. "Why do I gotta get these cases? Why do I gotta be the person you give the shittiest cases to?"

"Everyone's loaded with work and you two are the most qualified for this type of investigation!"

She stood up, pushing the chair and causing it to fall backwards, "fuck that! Nobody here wants to investigate these fuckin' androids, and you're just giving me the short end of the stick!" she snapped.

"CyberLife sent over this android to help with the investigation. It'll set over as your part-"

She cut him off, "well, we don't need a partner! Box it up, and send it on its way!"

"(Y/N), you are starting to piss me off! You can either hand in your badge, or do as I say!"

She leaned in, her hands laid on his desk, "captain, you know I can't stand these fucking things! You know it, I know it, everybody fucking knows it! Why are you doing this to me?"