Chapter thirty ~ father and son

Bogum woke up with a headache he was very used to. It took him a second to understand where he was before the memories flooded back. Even though he had been very drunk, he recalled it all, awfully vivid. It couldn’t all be true. He refused to believe. He couldn’t have-

    Tae entered the room. “Oh hey! You’re awake… I was going to ask if you were going to school or if you’d rather stay here and sleep it off. If you want to come, you need to start changing now. I can lend you some clothes if you want while Yoonji washes your clothes-”

    Bogum smiled. “Thank you Tae. I’m sorry for all I’ve said yesterday. I really didn’t mean all those… You do deserve all you have right now, and more. I’m just-” he stopped.

    “A douchebag?” Tae offered, smiling back.

    “I was gonna say jealous but that works too I guess.” He chuckled. “By the way… did I really try to… kiss you yesterday…?”

    “Yup.” Tae smirked smugly.

    “Oh God. OH GOD! I’m an idiot. I-” he facepalmed. “Can we just act like last night never happened? I really embarrassed myself-”

    “It’s all forgotten Bogumie.” Tae was continuing to smirk.

    “Look, I know I made a fool of myself and said some unforgivable things. But I really meant it when I said I’d do anything to win your trust back.”

    “Bogum. Which class are you in?”

    “D, why?”

    “Same as Choi Seunghyun right?

    “Yeah, him and some of his friends. Why?”

    “I’ll tell you later. Do you want new clothes to change into?”

    “Yeah, that’d be great.”

    “Ok. Bringing them now. I’ll talk to you about it on the way to school.” He walked up to the door then stopped and turned back. “Please don’t throw yourself on me and start kissing me when I come back though.” he winked and closed the door behind him and came back with a pair of jeans and a clean shirt a couple of minutes later.

    “Tae,” Bogum started. “The documents I gave you are copies of the original. My dad doesn’t know what I did. I’d be in grave trouble if he knew.”

    “Thanks Bogum. I’ll do my best to keep you out of the feud our dads seem to be having. I will make sure you aren’t punished for your bravery.”

    “I’d appreciate it a lot.” He smiled.

x    X    x

    A few moments later, Bogum had changed his clothes and now he was stuffing the toast Yoonji made for him. When he was done, he thanked her politely and he left Tae’s house with Tae and his boyfriend. Although it was January, the sun was up and it wasn’t that snowy so the boys decided to walk.

    “Jungkook,” Bogum started after walking in silence for a while. “I owe you an apology.”

    “I don’t have any beef with you Bogum. I’m fine with you as long as Tae is too. You did say some harsh things but you were repeating the boy I actively chose to date. How harsh could it really get for me?” They both looked at Taehyung who had been keeping his silence.

    “I’m… we’ll work on it. I didn’t give up hope on you yet Bogum, don’t worry. I actually have something to ask you.”

    “Name it! I’d do anything.”