-Chapter Five-

_____

_____

"You know him? Magneto." Peter asked Raven as she stared at the glass windows.

"I used to," Raven responded. "I'm not so sure I do anymore."

I looked over at them from the wall I was next to. Peter had told me the Magneto was his father, which definitely came as a shock to me. He had been terrified to tell me. He thought I would've left him because his father was a bad guy. Peter jokes about everything, unless it's important to him.

"What was he like? Was he like...they say he was? Was he a...bad guy?" Peter asked, anxiously. I looked back to the wall, raising my hand to it. I couldn't feel the energy. I couldn't feel the people around me.

"No. I mean, yeah he was," she told him and then turned to look at him. "Why do you care so much? Did you see his speech on the TV or something?"

"Yeah, but...he's my father," Peter told her. She narrowed her eyes.

"What?"

"He and my mom," Peter started making hand gestures. "They-"

"Yeah, I know," Raven cut him off, holding up her hand. "But, are you sure?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Peter repeated, as if reassuring himself. "He left my mom before I was born. I met him ten years back, but I didn't know it was him. By the time I figured it out, it was too late, you know. Then, this week I saw him on TV again and came to their house searching for him. But, by the time I got there...late again. You know for a guy that moves as fast as me-" I saw Peter look at me out of the corner of my eye. "I always seem to be too late." Raven also looked at me, which I pretended not to notice.

"What's with you two?" I heard Raven mumble. Peter sighed.

"I don't even know anymore. We had a thing for about seven years, but-" Peter stopped.

"But what?" Raven asked.

"But she left. She went on to help the world, as she should. I couldn't go with her," Peter told Raven.

"Why not? Why couldn't you go with?"

"That's a good question. It's just...I've never felt good enough for her. She was always the smartest girl in our grade, the most powerful mutant, the most beautiful girl..." Peter sighed again. "She just...she deserves someone as extraordinary as herself."

•••

"I know that voice!" Stryker yelled into the microphone. "It's Xavier, isn't it? What's going on?" Even without my powers, I could read Stryker's mind. He's afraid. Afraid of what he doesn't understand, as everyone is.

"We don't know!" Raven yelled.

"We don't know, bro!" Peter threw his arms up. I elbowed him in the side with a slight snicker. He simply smiled at me.

Commotion spread through the room behind the window. People scurried in panic, grabbing papers and running in different directions. Yelling was heard through the glass with gunshots following. A body was thrown against the glass, surprising all of us.

"Kurt," Hank said, suddenly, staring up at the windows. A blue boy with a tail appeared behind the glass, trying to find a microphone.

"What?" I asked.

"What?" Peter repeated. The blue boy, Kurt, found a microphone and switched it on.

"Hey. Stay away from-" his voice was cut off by the crappy microphone.

"The what?" Hank yelled out.

"Th...door. Stay away from-"

"Stay away from the door!" Raven yelled out.

"The door. The door," Peter repeated Raven's words. Peter grabbed my hand, pulling me away from the door and shielding my body.

"On three. One, two-" Kurt was cut off by an explosion of the door, cracking it open. I pushed my way out from behind Peter, seeing Jean and Weird Glasses on the other side.

"Jean!" I ran up to her and hugged her. She smiled, hugging me tightly. "Thanks," I whispered as we both stepped out of the hug.

"Lyra," Jean looked at me, seriously. "We know where the Professor is."

"And I think I might know a way out of here," Weird Glasses told the group.

"Who are you?" I asked, nodding at him.

"Oh-uh I'm Scott."