Chapter 4

Picture on the right is the "New Guy"

Chapter Four              

                “What the hell?”

                Ah, such a lovely phrase to wake up to (not). The familiar, annoying voice forced me to open my eyes, which landed on the person I knew was standing there.

                “Morning to you too, Sam,” I greeted, staring up at my older brother.

                “What is going on here?” he asked, gesturing to me and right next to me. That’s when I noticed I was cuddled against someone else. And that someone else was Matt.

                I rolled my eyes. “Nothing, dear brother. We all fell asleep,” I answered in a ‘duh’ tone. I pointed to the others, who were still passed out as well. Jack was still in the chair he claimed last night, Elaine was stretched out on another chair, and Robin and Heath were cuddled against each other on the floor. They looked adorable together, even when they were sleeping.

                “I thought you two were just friends?” Sam continued, looking slightly angry. I was surprised nobody else woke up by my brother’s outburst by now.

                “Relax, Sam, we are just friends,” I replied.

                “Yeah, I’d never date Darcy,” Matt suddenly interjected.

                I looked over at Matt and playfully shot him a glare. “Hey, why not? I’d be a great girlfriend!”

                Matt shook his head, grinning. “I already know too much about you, Darcy. I’ve seen too much.”

                I moved away from him on the couch to get a better look at Matt now. I raised an eyebrow at him too. “Oh yeah? Like what?”

                “This should be good,” Sam said to himself, sitting down on the coffee table.

                Matt rubbed his chin with his hand, as if he had to really think about his answer. “Let’s see, I know you chew gum obnoxiously, always popping bubbles loudly.” I rolled my eyes at that, about to object, until he continued. “I know that you’re always grumpy in the morning, and should never be bothered unless you’re given food first. And worst of all, I know you snore.”

                “I do not snore!” I exclaimed, probably waking everyone else up now.

                Matt smiled and my lovely brother laughed. “Yeah, you really do!” Sam said. “Ah, I knew you two could never be together anyway. You’ve always just been good friends,” he added before getting up and leaving. He was still laughing as he left the room, which just annoyed me even more.

                “Do I really snore?” I asked Matt in a small, disappointed voice.

                He nodded, still smiling. “Yup. But don’t worry, it’s the adorable quit kind of snore.”

                “I don’t know if that’s supposed to make me feel better, but it didn’t,” I said.

                Matt shrugged. “If you can’t change it, why worry about it?”

                I laughed. “You’re such a goofball. Come help me make breakfast.” I pulled him off the couch and we went into the kitchen, deciding what to make. Ultimately, we chose to make pancakes for everyone.