Chapter Twenty

Dylan's POV

"Leave your car here," Andy told me and I gave him a look that could turn milk sour.

"How are we getting there, you gonna have Scotty beam us up?" I didn't regret the sarcasm until he looked at me. His golden gaze arrested mine and cut off all of my concerns. I should shut up now. "I'll follow your lead."

"Probably best," he stage whispered and dropped me a sexy wink. I watched his ass in his comfy tan trousers and admired how his black cotton V-neck fit his frame closely. I imagined pressing kisses all along his collar bones and tried to ignore the cracks in the pavements, which as it turned out was easy with him distracting me.

"I won't turn into a pumpkin at midnight, you don't need to stare," he reassured with a chuckle in his voice. "C'mon pup."

"Where are we going?"

"Don't be so typical, ask me if you're gonna get lucky tonight or tell me something dirty." He taunted before taking my hand and pulling me along.

I couldn't help laughing, "Okay... I'm not wearing any underwear." His eyes went as wide as saucers and he peeked down at my pants. In the slight darkness his hands brushed over my ass and I cast my eyes around to see if any kids were around.

"Fuck, you're not kidding," He sounded breathless. "You are so getting lucky tonight."

I grinned. "Silver lining."

Our destination took us through two slums and was loud, muddy and smelled something terrible. In short, it was pretty damn near perfect for a get away from my current life. I almost squeezed Andy for knowing how much I needed this.

"Want crabs?" Andy rose a questioning brow with an evil smile that made him look like a fox.

"Only the kind that I can eat," I clarified returning his grin. The crab shack wasn't too full for us to get decent seats, a corner under a faulty light bulb I found half annoying, but convenient. There, the waitress sauntered over, stereotypically chewing gum obnoxiously as she held out her notepad and pencil.

"King and Queen," Andy ordered, "With cocktails, Shark bite, and no shit-talk."

She grinned, looking at me like she wanted to bone me, "Sure sugar."

I frowned when she left, "King and Queen?"

"You're the queen," he waggled his eyebrows and I bunched up a napkin to toss at him. "It's the kind of crab, and how it's prepared too. You'll see. Just wait for it." He whistled low after a while, looking around him. It appeared to be some kind of betting night, where a loud gang of biker looking dudes were tossing back shots while a few girls joined in now and then. "She'll probably be a while just to piss me off." Andy nodded towards the waitress and settled his hands on the table.

They drew my attention, slim digits with perfect half-moon nails. He had beautiful hands, the kind of hands either artists or musicians had. I hoped he used those hands on me a little later on. "This is torture."

"Sorry, didn't know you felt that way about sea food, we could gotten Thai inst-"

"No! No, not here is torture, I meant not kissing you. Right now." As soon as I said it I wanted to kick myself. Who said shit like that? Not me. I was going crabs for this guy, and the blush whipped my cheeks now that I realised it.

"Good to know," he growled. "But we're not animals. I want to get to know you more before I rip off your clothes later."

"Rip?" I inquired, immediately intrigued, "Any day babe."

"First things first," he reminded.

"What do you wanna know?" Maybe I had said that a little too enthusiastically. His eyes crinkled at the sides as he smiled wide, an honest smile.