Melody: A New Friend

"Get up! Time to get moving!" my alarm clock yelled. I actually didn't mind my alarm clock that day. I was excited for school, which may sound a bit unusual, but I had made a new friend and was excited to see her. I got up, brushed my teeth, slipped on my jeans and T-shirt, ate breakfast, brushed my teeth, put on my shoes, and zoomed out the door.

I sat down in the middle of the bus, and five minutes later we arrived at Layla's bus stop.

"Hey Layla!" I greeted her as she walked up to my seat. She seemed happy.

"Hi!" she replied. We were soon occupied in a conversation.

Soon, we arrived at the school. We walked into class together and sat down. We continued our conversation up until class started.

"Hello class! Today, we will get started on our first unit, Geography!" Mrs. Braveheart said.

Layla and I had soon realized we had all of our classes together. I was so happy! I really liked Layla. She wasn't like anybody else I knew. She was different, a good kind of different.

During lunch, I had introduced Layla to my friend, Genevieve. They had seemed to like each other, and I was glad we were all friends.

I had a good feeling about me and Layla's friendship.