eleven

~*~*~*~
"So..." Namjoon took a moment to process what Jin just told him, "You think my brother has a thing for that boy Jungkook?"

"Yes, if not he wouldn't have stormed into our place last night, yelling at you for telling Jungkook his history, and say things like how he wouldn't hurt Jungkook." Jin simply stated as he poured coffee for him and Namjoon.

"Wait, Tae...likes Jungkook? Like he actually has feelings for him?" he asked again trying to confirm this fact.

"Yes. And I think if he really wants to, he could possibly move on from the past with the help of Jungkook."

Namjoon poked at his eggs, "So...what should we do?"

Jin took a seat and sipped his coffee before continuing, "Well, I'm guessing we should leave it to him to sort it out. I already told Tae to talk to Jungkook. Let's just hope he doesn't mess things up."

~
Taehyung sat in his living room, a cup of hot chocolate in his hand.

He remembered when Jungkook made them hot chocolate. That precious smile on his face.

He started to reminisce how and when all of this started.

"Alright, show me then, show me what it is like to have the Christmas spirit."

When Taehyung gave in without any hesitation, he knew he had a soft spot for the younger man. Jungkook looked so happy then, to be able to do this for Taehyung. Even though it started out with ugly sweaters.

"This is just the beginning, Kim Taehyung! Be prepared, I'm going to make you like Christmas in no time!"

Random memories of the past week flooded his head, the memories of smells like vanilla scented candles, freshly baked gingerbread cookies, hot chocolate from the street stall.

The sights and sounds like Christmas tunes, the happy barks of the dogs at the dog shelter, Jungkook's adorable laughter, the fancy Christmas decorations. The cute and shy expression when they held hands and admired the giant Christmas tree.

Jungkook

He was always present in all these memories, everything was because of Jungkook. He made Taehyung happy. He did everything for him to be happy. It was what this was all about—being happy with the ones you love.

Taehyung felt so bad, he did act a bit harsh. Maybe it was just a misunderstanding? Jungkook could have just assumed things, just like Taehyung did. Maybe that was why Jin wanted him to talk to Jungkook.

"...I've been trying for years to no avail and all it takes is just a week or so for someone like Jungkook to turn your whole attitude around?..."

Namjoon's words the previous night floated through his mind.

Did Jungkook really change Taehyung? All he wanted to do right now was to be with Jungkook and thank him, because he gave him the chance to experience all these nice memories.

Maybe that was it, that was how he had to get over the guilt. Instead of brooding over the past, he should just continue with life and move on with happier memories. Blaming himself for everything isn't going to change anything, what's happened has happened and it's all in the past. It wasn't his fault so what's the point of continuing to live in this gloomy world Taehyung has put himself in?

Sighing, he got off his seat and whipped out his phone to text Jungkook to meet him at his place.

~
Taehyung thought Jungkook would be mad at
him for just telling him to leave the day before. He was clearly disappointed. But wasn't that what Jungkook had wanted to do? Taehyung hoped things will get cleared up soon.

"Jungkook"

Taehyung greeted as he went to open the door for the younger man. Jungkook looked tired, his eyes were puffy. It looked like he didn't get much sleep.

"Come in."

They settled on the couch, sitting with a space between them, much to Taehyung's disappointment.

"Jungkook, I called you here to say I'm sorry. What I did yesterday, I was just upset and confused... I should have...just told you about the past in the first place and that way you wouldn't have to find out about it from my brother. And I realised that I am truly happy with you..."

Jungkook gripped his cup of hot chocolate, feeling the warmth on his cold hands. "I'm sorry too, I should have told you the truth first. I shouldn't have thought of leaving you just like that, stopping everything... But I still believe you should make it up to your brother. He's been so conflicted, and unsure of what to do."

Taehyung nodded guiltily, he's been so selfish and immature.

Especially to Namjoon.

"I know, Jungkook. But before that, I just want to make sure we're alright now."

Jungkook smiled.

"Also there's something I want to say." Taehyung looked directly at the other's adorable brown doe eyes.

"The Grinch stole Christmas because he got annoyed with the people in town celebrating it. And he...realises it isn't about the things but sharing the holidays with the ones you love and care about. I want to share the holidays with you Jeon Jungkook, because I care for you and...because I-I like you..."

Jungkook was stunned, his heart was racing and his hands were trembling. A whole wave of emotions were flowing in him.

"Taehyung I-" Jungkook willed himself to calm his racing heart down so he could actually get the words he wanted to say out, "I really like you too."

Those simple words that formed a confession was all Taehyung needed. He couldn't be happier.

They set their mugs on the table and gave each other a warm hug.

"I will try my best to make you happy, Taehyung. You won't have to live in bad memories anymore." Jungkook whispered

"I will try too..."

"...I've been trying for years to no avail and all it takes is just a week or so for someone like Jungkook to turn your whole attitude around?..."

Maybe it is true.

~*~