nine

~*~*~*~
The next day, Taehyung dragged Jungkook out of the house again.

He asked him where he wanted to go and told Jungkook to bring him to the department store they went before.

Jungkook tried his best not to let what Namjoon had told him the night before affect him. But he needed to know what to do now, he wasn't sure if he should continue this or let Taehyung be. Or force him to listen to Namjoon and stop blaming himself?

Meanwhile Taehyung only had one thing on his mind, and that it was his feelings for Jungkook. The whole trip was to go and get a present for the younger man. But what comes along with it will make it more meaningful.

Jungkook I think I really like you.

Yeah, he has finally come to terms with his feelings. And he was planning to confess to Jungkook when he gives him the gift.

~
Since they were going to the department store, Jungkook thought it will be good if he talked to Jimin about the whole situation. He told Taehyung that he's going to find Jimin to talk with him for a while.

Taehyung felt that was the perfect time for him to secretly go get Jungkook's present. So he left Jungkook alone to go find his friend.

"Jimin..."

"Jungkook? Nice to see you again!" The blonde man greeted him. Jungkook only slouched against the counter that Jimin was at.

"What's wrong?" Jimin asked.

"I-I found out about Taehyung's past..."

~
Taehyung looked around at the display cases that showed various accessories and jewellery.

Taehyung spotted what he was eyeing before, a pair of silver bracelets. They were couple bracelets to which Taehyung found it awkward to buy when he saw it the last time but now for sure he had a purpose for the other bracelet. He was going to give it to Jungkook.

He started daydreaming about how it will be like having the matching couple bracelets. It was beautiful silver and he could only imagine Jungkook's wide eyes and adorable smile when he receives it. When Taehyung confesses he is sure that Jungkook will feel the same way. He could tell by the way he looks at him, the night before when Taehyung tested the waters when he held Jungkook's hand. The way the younger blushed around him. As Taehyung was fighting his own feelings, he too noticed the younger's feelings towards him as well.

He noticed all these little moments. It was lucky he didn't get caught staring at Jungkook.

Taehyung snapped out of his reverie and glanced at the silver bracelets in the display case.

"I'll take these."

~
"He what?"

"He blames himself, and the fact that he causes bad things to happen, because of the past. I don't know but when Namjoon told me, I could see the sadness in his eyes." Jungkook sighed, he placed his arms on the counter and propped his head on them.

"So what do you want to do now?" Jimin crossed his arms and leaned against the shelf behind him, the other man looked conflicted and at a loss.

"I'm not sure...maybe I should stop this and make him go to his brother? O-Or just forget about all these and let him be? I feel like what I've done is not solving his problem at all." Jungkook starting feeling upset, "Maybe he's just masking his pain, and that he's not happy with me at all..."

"Why don't you ask Taehyung?"

As the two were lost in their conversation, they didn't notice Taehyung walking towards their direction, he was just behind a tall shelf full of boxes of christmas baubles when he heard his name being mentioned by the voice belonging to Jimin, Jungkook's friend.

He snuck behind the shelf and eavesdropped on their conversation.

"I think....I should stop this and tell Taehyung to go spend time with his brother instead... I don't want to be with him anymore. I won't be happy...if he's not happy..." Jungkook said the last part almost in a whisper.

Taehyung's eyes widened, he didn't know what Jungkook meant by him not being happy. But why would Jungkook suddenly not want to be with him? He has been so happy the past few days..

He was in shock and then he was angry that Jungkook wouldn't want to be with him anymore. Especially since Taehyung had begun to like him, and the fact that he felt that Jungkook might feel the same way.

It was now even more hurtful to know that it really wasn't meant to be, and that Jungkook wanted to give up on him, just like his brother has.

Taehyung was lost in the nice things that Jungkook has done for him that he started to enjoy the holidays, he even did nice things for the younger guy as well. Was this all in vain?

~*~
A/N: short crappy part i know but im one part behind on the schedule for this story.

also i really want to update Mad City but its taking so long to get this story done ughHhhhhHHH im about to give up on this;;; but only a few. more. to. go.