10: Smile

"So, what's the plan?" Bentley asked with a bubbly tone. The members sat silent as they stared at Bentley.

I am now going to meet my father in a few minutes to confirm my decision. Right now, we are in the guest lounge of the company.

"What the heck happened that you two changed over a day?!" Jordan exclaimed with a hint of confusion and shock.

"Well it's your fault for not going through your burial. Bentley here knew about it. We panicked because we couldn't think of anyone to put in atleast one of the coffins. I wasted cash for your grave... or was it graves? One under the Pacific ocean and one on Mars," I said with a straight face.

Declan tried recalling the memory. Correct me if I'm wrong but we did plan this a few chapters ago.

"What happened to my rainbow grave?"

"It doesn't matter anymore because you'll just see different shades of... whatever color you see," Naomi pointed out.

I sipped my tea and smirked. This child was raised well...

Not by Jordan, of course.

"Oh my, Bennett is sipping tea!" Jordan said, trying to change the topic.

"Yeah? So what?"

"You're a disgrace to chocolate! Chocolate, my friend!"

"Says the guy who ate white chocolate thinking it was vanilla," Declan piped in.

Naomi busted out laughing and said, "Touchè. Looks like you're down Jordan." The people were put into laughter. The memory seemed too fresh, it's like it all only happened recently... oh wait, it did happen recently.

"See? It already seems that you're roasted by-"

"-Jordan, the master of roasts!" Jordan cut in.

Bentley joined the conversation, "I'm afraid you won't be roasting anything here. You might serve a tainted meal, that is."

The room fell silent. I don't think Bentley gets the meaning of "roast" that Jordan meant. Poor Jordan, he cannot manage to make a come back after being burned several times. However Bentley, on the other hand, is a bit unfamiliar with the trends around his age.

"Uhm... I don't thi-"

"Mr. Benedict Frazier has arrived."

The room fell silent once again as the door opened, revealing my father behind it.

"Good afternoon everyone," he greeted and we greeted back.

The situation was awkward since no one spoke a word, not even mouthed one, since he came to the table. The room was awfully quiet and it seemingly irritates me. The food was served but no conversation was present.

As if an angel is quietly guarding the room.

Bentley decided to break the silence, "So Bennett... is your choice in our favor?"

I gave a sly smirk and looked at everyone. I leaned against my chair and chose my words.

"Maybe."

The rest wore a face of confusion, their eyes filled with a hint of their own questions against my statement, and Jordan just jaw dropping.

"Maybe?" my father asked and I nodded. "Maybe," I repeated.

Supposedly yes, I have made up my mind. It was slightly different from how I said it yesterday. In fact you might be thinking it was a solid "No" to their offer.

"However" I thought.

"First of all, I won't stay here in this house, but... I am accepting the responsibility as the heir of the company."