The Air Begins To Feel A little Thin

Awake.
I wake up with the sun's dim light cascading down on my face. Today is a bad day.
I reluctantly get out of bed and rub my face. I pause and stretch my back with a loud crack.

"Shit that kinda hurt.."

I was putting on my outfit for the day (a black t-shirt and my tightest black skinny jeans) when my mom screeched my name.

"Tyler! Honey are you awake?! Maddy, Jay, Zack and I are going to the mall if you wanna come!"

I internally roll my eyes and sigh as I head down the stairs.

"No thanks mom.I'm hanging out with Josh today".

"You mean your boyfriend" chuckles Jay.

"Fuck off you little shit" I glare at him.I totally don't secretly enjoy it..

"Its true! I bet 'hanging out' is code for eating each others faces." He continues.

"Enough boys!" My mom chastised.

"-He has a girlfriend anyway." I said a little softer, although no one noticed.

"Aw that's tough big bro. You got friend zoned." He says patting my back. I feel tears well up in my eyes, but I shake them and my brother's arm off before saying

"Whatever. I'm out- bye." I was hit with a chorus of "Bye" and "I love you" before slamming-only slightly though- the door shut.

~~~As I Start The Car And Then I begin To Add The Miles Piled Up Behind Me. I Barely Feel A Smile Deep Inside Me~~~~~

As I was driving, I was thinking about the things Jay had said. Were they true? Was I friend zoned? Yes, and , unfortunately, yes.
I sighed and took the last left where I was supposed to. I unsubconciously sped up to get to Josh's place a little faster.

Josh
Josh
Josh

I parked my black 1998 Honda Accord in his driveway and waited expecting him to come out. I was wrong.
5 minutes later just aa I opened my door to go knock, he walked out and smiled at me through my rolled down window. His smile could beat the sun at being bright. Mine was no where near as perfect as his but I smiled back.
Just then, Debby locked eyes with me and smiled, to which I slightly smiled and nodded back. Then she grabbed him and kissed him. He looked caught off guard and kind of reluctant.

I looked away. I heard them talking but not what they were saying.

"Hey Ty! Is it okay if Debby comes to the park with us?" Josh says at my window. I jumped a bit, not knowing he waa there.

"O-oh.. Um, sure. That's cool."

NOOOOO

"Awesome!" He said giving me a double thumbs up.

"You can d-drive and Debby can sit in the front.." I say.

"Oh? Okay thanks so much dude!" He says whilst smiling with the tip of his tongue peeking out.

D u d e

I opened my door a little and sighed.

His facial expression morphed into one of concern.
"Is today a bad day?" He took me aside and grabbed my hands.

I nodded and looked down, my feet suddenly becoming very interesting.

"Hey.." He says gently. "If you need anything today. Ask me. Even if you just need a laugh or a hug. Okay love?" He says I nod and I slowly look up to lock eyes with him. His hand slowly went upwards but he stopped himself. Ans smiled a crooked,sheepish smile.

"Let's go now, yeah?" He asks calmly.

"Yeah, l-lets go now". I agree.

We began walking back to the car when Debby practically popped out of nowhere.

"Joshua I can't find my shoes." She whined.

(Guys I love Debby this is just what I envisioned ok ok)

Josh's smile faltered a bit. He doesn't like when she calls him that.

"Debby, babe I told you just Josh-" He started.

"You're my boyfriend I should be able to call you anything!" She replied.

Josh visibly rolled his eyes. "Ok. You don't need to wear those heels anyway if we're gonna be walking-"

"I'll wear what I want!" She scoffed.

"Actually" I piped in quietly "you should wear sneakers.."

She sighed,obviously a little calmer now.

"You guys are right,I'm sorry I shouldn't have yelled... Forgive me?" I nodded, and they kissed. Then we all started walking back to the car from the tree we ended up by.

This is gonna be a long day.

734 words without this. Chapters WILL get longer!!! Thoughts?