0.7

i hope this makes your day a little better!

-❀

Jeongguk staggers out the cutely decorated teacup, barely being able to stand up straight if it weren't for leaning against Taehyung. The blond pouts as he guides his boyfriend to a nearby bench. He pats Jeongguk's back and hands him the Beauty and the Beast water bottle they bought an hour ago.

"Gukkie, we didn't have to go on the spinning teacup ride if you didn't want to." The younger frowns and watches as Jeongguk tries to cough the dizziness out of him. Taking another sip of water, he clears his throat and leans back on the bench. With slightly dazed eyes, he sends a reassuring glance to Taehyung and weakly smiles, "If my baby wants to, I want to."

Despite his effort to suppress the smile on his lips, Taehyung couldn't help it. A huge smile overtook the blond's expression and he attempts to hide his small face with his hands, only for Jeongguk to pry them off easily. Jeongguk showers his sunshine's face with light kisses, ending it with a sweet kiss on the lips.

"Where to next, my love?" Taehyung thinks for a moment. Finally, he decides on an activity he's been wanting to try since he was a child.

"Toy cranes!" The younger of the two jumps excitedly at the long array of cranes filled with all sorts of cute plushies. Taehyung dashes to a box that had Winnie the Pooh, eyes glued to the yellow bears. Jeongguk slowly follows behind, sneakily snapping a shot of his cutie, and then he backhugs the blond afterwards. "Pooh..." Jeongguk hears Taehyung faintly whisper. The male smiles to himself, he is quick to retrieve his wallet stuffed in his pocket.

Taehyung is lightly pushed to his side, so the slot for entering coins is open. Jeongguk puts in fifty cents, and the machine allows him a minute to adjust the crane. The older's face turns serious as he slips into a mode of intense concentration.

He checks both sides, finalizes his position, and he presses the red button.

The couple watches with wide eyes as the claw opens lowers. It closes and clamps its claws around the plushie, bringing it up in the air and slowly to the open hole. Taehyung gasps as it inches closer and closer to the hole. But the claw's grip gives out and Winnie the Pooh falls back into the pile. Jeongguk coughs in embarrassment and scrunches his nose, awkward about his loss. He was far from giving up though. His stubborn pride from his teenage years busts in, and the raven-haired sheepishly laughs when he sees a disappointed Taehyung.

So he enters in another fifty cents, and the process starts again.

After spending five dollars, Jeongguk still hasn't won a single Pooh.

Taehyung had been resting his chin Jeongguk's back shoulder the whole time, silently observing his boyfriend play the claw machine.

In the middle of Jeongguk's screams of defeat, Taehyung tugs on the hem of his shirt, catching his attention. The male whips his head to Taehyung, eyes wide with vulnerability. "Gukkie, can I have a go?" He asks softly, bottom lip slightly poking out.

Jeongguk blinks like a deer in headlights. The male does a late nod and eventually hands Taehyung two quarters. He retreats to the back and watches Taehyung's first try at this demon of a game. Like his ten tries, Taehyung checks both sides, secures his position, and clicks the red button.

No one held their breath, because they both knew a miracle would have to happen if they managed to win the plushie. The two are quiet as the crane picks up a Pooh and moves slowly to the hole.

The claw holds on tight to the plushie, and drops into the square hole.

Jeongguk openly gapes. He gawks when he sees Taehyung grab out Winne the Pooh from the bottom.

But Jeongguk snaps out of his state of shock with Taehyung's cheery smile, his eyes resembling bright crescents.

"Hyung... I did it!"

Even though it humiliated the older that he tried ten times but won nothing, his proudness won over that embarrassment. Jeongguk wraps his arms around Taehyung's tiny waist, and plants soft kisses up the blond's sunkissed neck. "Good job baby," he whispers lovingly, leaving a short kiss on Taehyung's ear.

In the background, the Disneyland staff had started their famous firework show, with loud and vibrant fireworks shooting up in the night sky, booming effects covering the excited screams of the crowd.

There they were, away from the people and in their own little world. With the two staring into each other's eyes and warm in the other's embrace, they both smiled so softly.

As they lean in, their Mickey and Minnie Mouse headbands collide, forcing them to open their eyes in surprise. But Jeongguk and Taehyung just share a laugh, and they seal their night with an adoring kiss.

-✿

i feel like my writing ability is starting to deplete so i must rest for a bit now ('°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)

blushbaby