Chapter 7

“Vicky you should not be able to do that. At all. Ever.”

            Declan all but shouted at me.

“Dude, lay off. So she has more power than we thought.”

Derek tried to keep the fear out of his eyes when he looked at me, but I could still see it shadowed there.

            “Boys, it’s okay. There’s no need to get worked up. Well okay, there is. But not about her power.”

My mom tried to explain to us.

“Ms. Bae? What do you mean?”

Derek asked, confused .

“Derek, hun you can call me Zoey. And well, it’s not weird that Vicky’s power is so..potent because her father is the, well with lack of a better way to put it, the king of all demons.”

My mom looked ashamed.

“The ki-ki-king of all de-demons?”

I choked out.

Derek reached over and grabbed my hand, as Declan did at the same time. So I, the conjuring half-demon, stood there, with two werewolves holding my hands, while I stared at the ghost of my dead mother, after she just told me that my father was the king of all demons.

***

“Bae Bae, come on Bae Bae, wake up.”

Derek’s voice trembled.

“Derek, calm down. She just fainted.”

My mother’s voice rang out, high and clear.

“Wh-what hap-happened?”

I said shakily, as I opened my eyes. I tried to sit up, only to realize that I was in Derek’s arms.

“Bae Bae you’re alright!”

Derek grinned at me.

“Of course she is Derek. I told you, she just fainted.”

My mother reassured him.

“I fainted?”

I said questioningly.

“Yes Bae Bae. You were out for about five minutes. Derek here was going completely insane. He practically bit Declan’s head off when he was trying to catch you.”

My mother informed me, with a knowing look on her face.

  “He didn’t get my head, but he did get my hand.”

Declan said with amusement on his face.

“Sorry about that bro.”

Derek said with a grin on his face, while Declan was licking his injured hand.

“Declan, why are you licking it?”

I asked, bewildered. Derek and Declan grinned at each other.

“This is why.”

Declan held up his hand, and it healed right before me.

“Werewolf saliva and blood can heal just about any supernatural.”

He said to me.

“What about the whole, ‘you get bitten by a werewolf, you turn into one because of the DNA being in your system’?”

Declan and Derek started laughing.

“That’s just a myth. Same with the, ‘every full moon, the transformation will take place and turn you into a blood thirsty monster’.”