Chapter 6

Respect the cat or he will not be pleased.

I opened the door as I carried a medium bag of cat food. Matt was in the living room sitting on the floor, watching the scenes play on the TV. I breathed heavily as I placed the bag down onto the floor. I saw the door closed as the bowl lay empty, waiting to be filled. Matt watched my every move when he looked back to the TV.

I opened the bag and the smell of fish rose into my nostrils. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a glass. I opened the fridge and grabbed fresh milk, filling the cup. I took the glass of milk and the bag of food towards the hallway. I seemed hesitant (because I was) to go into the hallway. After gathering enough courage, I walked into the hall and stopped at Edd's door. I set the glass and bag down, placing the bowl upright. I grabbed the bag and filled it with cat food till it was full. I then set the bag down and grabbed the cup, pouring the white beverage into the bowl.

I stood up and grabbed the bag, before knocking on the door and rushing out of there. I heard the door creak open as I didn't dare to look at Edd since we have a bad relationship at the moment. I felt a sudden weight be pressed down on the other side of the couch as the temperature dropped suddenly. My ears started to ring as I was growing unsteady and uncomfortable.

I smiled nervously. "H-hey there, E-Edd", I said as I could feel him breathe on my shoulder.

I felt a sudden grasp on my hair and a sudden pain like it was being ripped out. "I need this", he growled in a raspy voice inside my head.

The weight disappeared as the door slammed shut. I touched my aching head and I saw red against my fingertips. I hissed as I held where he ripped my hair out.

Matt only whimpered. "He's still summoning Tord, oh God! You're finished! I didn't even get my eyes yet, Tom!", he panicked. He started to cry as his wails filled the room.

I stood up suddenly. "Stop, Matt! I'm thinking about this, alright? Just stop worrying about me, I can handle myself", I assured him as he wept.

He looked up as black liquid streamed down his face. He nodded as he wiped his eyes. It got me wondering what his eyes were important to him.

"I haven't seen my pretty self since I died! I need my eyes, Tom!", he cried.

Ah. I see. Matt was a complete narcissist.

For the past few minutes, Matt cried that he couldn't see himself anymore. I wasn't entertained by his talking but I didn't want to piss him off anymore since he tried to kill me.
His breath then hitched as he made a high pitched screech. "Hide", he said as the house was suddenly eerily quiet.

"What why?", I asked.

I heard a deep and low growl as the lights started to dim as the flashlight started to flicker on its own. There was a dark smoke radiating from the door at the end of the hall. The lights were dimming as I heard feathers ruffle and the door knob jiggle, loud bangs from beyond the door filled the silence.

"Just hide!", Matt ordered as he got up and pulled me. He pushed me towards the pantry closet, grabbing the flashlight and pulling me towards the door. He opened it and brought his finger to his lips.

I nodded as I grasped the bottle of holy water and the flashlight. I opened the cap, ready for whatever is out there. The lights completely went out as I heard nothing but heavy footsteps from beyond the door. I heard a demonic vice from beyond the door.

"Where is he?"