Sunday | Jimin's POV

It was a fine morning. The birds are happily chirping and I can smell breakfast.

But as soon as I saw a pink note, my happy state crumbled into pieces. I can't help but heave an exasperated sigh. My family ditched me again.

Our family has this tradition of spending a week at my grandparent's place. They have this cool house by the lake and a dock where I spend my afternoons admiring the sunset and the clear water. However, leaving me behind is also a part of the whole tradition package.

I debuted as an author recently. I didn't expect that my work would be a major best-seller despite being written by a rookie in the industry. The new title bequeaths responsibilities. My mother redundantly reminds me not to run away from the company I work with, now that I have to adjust myself in submitting the manuscripts on time. My father mentions that writing is my profession now and I have to be serious about it. My brother Jihyun, on the other hand, demands the second installment of my best-selling work. I'm dumb lucky to have a family like them.

I made up plans of submitting my manuscript late because I wanted to relieve my stress at my grandparents' place but my mother is one hell of a woman. She somehow heard it (I'll never tell my brother again!), so I'm here all alone at the house.

Or so I thought because I heard a loud ruckus outside my room.

I opened my door and on cue, I was jumped by Hoseok and Taehyung, making the three of us fall to the floor, crushing me on the process.

"You're finally awake!" Taehyung chimed in happily, his breath reeks of alcohol.

"God, Tae. Stop squishing my cheeks," my bestfriend do this every single time that he's drunk. "And get off me."

Thank goodness Hoseok got the message and he gets up, taking the whining Taehyung away from me.

After doing my morning rituals and eating my breakfast, I joined the drinking session.

"How did you know that my parents are gone?" I asked as Hoseok passed me a bottle of beer.

"Taehyung confided with them," he replied with a sheepish grin as I turn to give my sleeping bestfriend a glare. "By the way Min, the storyline of Steer Clear is inspired by him, right?"

I almost choked on my beer. Steer Clear was my debut work and my first novel.

"Enough," I replied curtly, remembering a face I don't really want to see and events aren't worth reminiscing.

Hoseok was about so say something when someone knocks loudly at the door, jolting Taehyung awake. He immediately grabbed Hoseok's hands and waved on me.

"Your parents said it's lonely being all by yourself so they asked someone to live with you for a week. Bye, Jiminie!"

Such conspiracy! I feel betrayed right now. I was about to rant on Taehyung when the door opened, revealing a specific somebody. He owns that face, the one I don't want to see—the inspiration of my best-selling novel as Hoseok claimed—Jeon Jungkook.