Blue

The days passed agonizingly. And since Sunday was the day they decided to meet, Jamie cursed his ass for agreeing on a Sunday. The most of his mail load came on weekends, Sunday was technically "mail day". 

There were many things Jamie would rather be doing than delivering mail. He loved Beach City and the people he delivered to could be awesome (others not so much). But he would have preferred for this one day to just be able to relax and let himself be prepared for that evening. He hoped he was "Good enough" for Kevin, he didn't really know what that meant. But the rules Kevin laid out should be easy to follow

He just had to follow Kevin's commands and look pretty... or however, he was supposed to look. 

Jamie distracted himself throughout the day by thinking of these rules, he didn't know what would happen on the cliff that day. 

He didn't know if he should expect be thrown off, forced to do something out of his reach, or anything of the sort. 

Actually, he was starting to doubt who Kevin really was, and why he had agreed to this. 

It's 'cause he's hot  

a voice in the back of his head said, he tried to shove the thought down. This was nothing more than getting his name into something if anything at all. 

He thought as he walked up the steps to the next house. It was going to be a long day. 

~~~~~~

Kevin got up late that morning. Around 10. He had nothing to do but look around the area, maybe try to find inspiration. But, he lugged himself out of bed and threw off this clothing, walking into the bathroom with a clean towel. He stepped into the shower and turned the water on. He would be in there for a while just thinking about what he felt like doing that day. 

Afterward, he blow-dried his hair out until it was just as fluffy as he liked it, almost covering an eye. He then threw on another pair of black jeans, a dark red shirt, and his favorite trench coat. Placing back on his fake glasses, pinkie ring and fingerless gloves. He decided to leave the house without eating, thinking it would spark something imaginative inside. 

Kevin really did not know his way around this new town. It was small and the people seemed all the same. He walked passed a few stores getting weird looks from these teens in a convertible. He decided to flaunt this and took out his camera angling it so he could capture a light pattern on the sand he found interesting. Of course, this was just a warm up, he could do much better. He smirked at the black chick strutting off in the opposite direction. He decided to check out the cliff Jamie and him would be meeting. It was important to understand what art he could do with someone in the photos. It was territory Kevin had never discovered. Typically he felt with society and the people in it. But also how physics and science can be wrong. 

Humans were depressing. 

Whatever Kevin could do with them he would probably end up making some abstract dead thing. There really was no way around that, so he wanted to make sure he had a big plan for what he could do with Jamie. 

At the top of the cliff Kevin walked to the edge and looked down. It was a pretty steep edge and below was a statue of some sort and a house. He made a mental note to check this out more thoroughly. He sat down at the edge looking over the beach, his mind fuck wouldn't give. Reality came crashing down on him as he groaned and fell backwards again, letting his camera fall by his side. He had no meaning.

No purpose and undeserving of respect. 

He would lie there just thinking about his downfall until Jamie came later that day. 

*******

After his deliveries and desk work, ending everything at 5:30, Jamie quickly ran home taking a shower then changing into tight fitting black jeans and his favorite black V-neck. He brushed his hair out lightly and flipped it out of his face a few times. When he was finally done staring at the mirror it was six fifteen. To make it up the cliff in time he would have to start walking soon. Deciding to kill time, he slumped down on his small brown leather couch and daydreamed of all the possible things he could say to Kevin to make him sound smarter or important. 

By the time he thoroughly thought through every possibility it was six fifty. He rushed out of his apartment with a black coat in hand, fumbling with the keys until he finally started walking towards the cliff. It took him a while to make it to the top but when he did he noticed Kevin's body once again in the same posture as when he first found him. Jamie eyed his body awkwardly. Was this a normal thing? He asked himself realizing that Kevin's legs were dangling over the edge of the cliff. Jamie yelped and quickly dragged Kevin back from the cliff by his armpits. 

"It's no use..." Kevin mumbled, blinking. 

"No use? In what?" Jamie asked sitting next to Kevin who still seemed dead. He looked into the other males eyes noting how tired and defeated they were. As if coated in the nights blue. 

"I have no inspiration, no reason, everything is still so grey!" Jamie recognized Kevin's tone from his own meltdowns. He paused a moment and took in what Kevin was saying. 

"Grey is just colors dying. What ideas do you have? There must be plenty, you can still do a lot from grey." With this Kevin sat up and looked directly into Jamie's eyes. Jamie shivered and blinked slightly with the cold gaze Kevin gave him. 

"There all just depressing" He muttered looking down at his feet. Jamie stood up taking Kevin's hand with his forcing the photographer to follow. 

"Just show me what I can do"

"You don't mind if it's sad?"

"Nah, It'll be f-fun! Depressing's meaningful..I guess" 

"Alright!" Kevin shouted pointing to the ledge. "Sit there, legs over swinging." Jamie followed his commands as Kevin eyed him sharply. "Too good posture, bend forward and keep your head down. I'll be right back" 

"W-what?! Where...." Jamie tried calling after him, but it was too late. Kevin was already rushing down the cliff which would probably hurt him later. Jamie held the position keeping his legs mid-swing, and smiling. He assumed the camera wouldn't see his smile. And if it did that would be better. 

After a while with his legs growing tired and his back starting to ache he heard a panting Kevin running back up the cliff. He went out of position and stood facing Kevin. 

"So... How was the image?" Jamie asked looking slightly concerned for how heavy Kevin was breathing as he held up one finger regaining his breath. After a moment he replied by showing Jamie the scene he had just captured.

It was beautiful. 

"Came out okay... But that was just a warm-up. Plus you're way prettier than that, baby." Jamie blushed at Kevin's last comment. He wondered if Kevin was a flirt with everyone he met. Then, realizing what Kevin meant, he turned confused.

"Just a warm up?!"