Black

Jamie was floating in an invincible cloud all day. His head was high and spirits through the roof. There was no way to take him down, all but one thing. He finished work in a buzzed manor and drifted home with the same light feet feeling. He pulled out his phone and texted Kevin, asking if he would come over to his apartment that evening. 

Jamie was immensely happy, though he did need to take this slowly. He had so many questions and really didn't know what happened yesterday. When Kevin replied with a 'sure' he felt his heart melt into one soul being, that being himself. He cleaned up everything a little bit so the clutter of his place was more subtle looking. For pure boredom he picked a random book from his shelf and started reading. It turned out to be A Death in The Family by James Agee. Not the best way to start off his evening, but a poetic one for sure. 

~~~~~~

Kevin walked up the stairs to Jamie's apartment slowly, he was afraid of the outcome of today. On one side he wanted to see Jamie and talk like they always would. But he was afraid of what Jamie might think. 

Kevin was a dick. To everyone but Jamie, and he was sure that dickness he showed in town and to everyone else would eventually catch Jamie's ear, making him hate Kevin. 

He knocked on Jamie's door and waited leaning on the side of the door. As it opened he leaned down and pecked Jamie's lips, who in turn blushed and stammered over a greeting allowing him inside. He shut the door behind Kevin and they both sat down on the couch. Kevin noticed Jamie staring at his bicep once again, trying to imagine what his tattoo would look like. He really did want to see it. 

"You know I have more than just that one right?" Jamie snapped his attention back to Kevin. 

"What?!"

"Yeah, I one on my thigh and another on my back and-" Jamie groaned and slammed his back into the couch.

"God that's so much clothing I'm going to have to take off."

"Guess it just sweetens the deal~" Jamie rolled his eyes and punched Kevin lightly, who in turned laughed and looked back into the other males sarcastic eyes. Jamie snuggled up to Kevin and yawned. "Long day?" His voice asked, smoother than usual.

"Yeah, Yeah you could say that. " Jamie replied nudging Kevin who placed an arm around Jamie pulling him in. They sat like this for a while, just enjoying each others company. Kevin may have just arrived, but them two didn't need to talk much to understand what was important.  "Kevin... What happened last night... Should we talk about that?" Kevin tensed, he was ready for those words and was not excited for them either. 

"About what?" Jamie sat up and stared at Kevin unbelievably. 

"You're joking right?"

"Sorta..."

"Us kissing? Then saying I love you? I uh... don't know about you but those words mean something to some people." Jamie was getting a bit pissed, he knew Kevin remembered what happened, but it wasn't too late for him to be a player. In fact, Jamie realized just how little he knew about the other male from two months. 

"Jamie, baby, I know." Kevin looked back at Jamie evenly. He tried to place severe emotion into his eyes, all the passion he kept inside for so long. "They mean a lot to me, that's why I said them. Now what about it?" Jamie opened his mouth as if to say something, then closed it and thought for a moment. Kevin sighed and wondered where the hell this was going to end. 

"I was just thinking that leaving this on pause is kinda scary. I uh, want clarification? What are we?"

"I told you, anything you want us to be." Jamie paused again, having an obvious deep conversation in his head.

"Boyfriends. Can we be boyfriends?" Kevin thought for a moment, showing deep gestures to torture Jamie a little bit longer. 

"Hmm... I don't know, I should probably take you on a real date first..." 

"Yeah! Yeah! Do that, but is that a yes?" 

"....Sure" Kevin smirked as Jamie hung his hands around his neck and pecked his lips happily. 

"wanna stay the night again?" Kevin smirked at him and laughed slightly "What?!"

"Sounds a little suggestive doesn't it?"

"pfff It's only gay if you make it gay!"

"Yeah, well this time it is pretty gay..." 

"Shut up!" Jamie hid his face in Kevin's T-shirt trying to disguise his blush. Kevin laughed and hugged him closer. They stayed huddled together like this for a while, enjoying the heat shared between them. Jamie felt satisfied and peaceful. But he craved more. To know more and to feel more. Because Kevin really didn't tell him much about his life, and Jamie had always just decided to spew out things from his acting career or past. He had no real walls to hide behind. Kevin, however, only liked to speak on matters of the present time. He wasn't really open to sharing this from his experiences, and there are only so many words you can fit into a conversation. Jamie had so much to say, but really he only wanted to listen. 

The time ticked away as they hit up another conversation, laughing and just living for the moment. Kevin enjoyed this feeling, it was soft and even though at first he felt it in a sickening way he could feed it now and let it be understood. Eventually Jamie yawned and decided he couldn't stay up any longer, even if he wanted to. They migrated to his bedroom and Kevin threw his arms around Jamie pulling him closer, closing all space between them. They intertwined their legs as Jamie fell softly asleep. Life was good.