Purple

Kevin wasn't the type to take up strangers offers like this. He didn't know if the other man was trying to poison him or take advantage of his career. But something about this "Jamie" seemed to reek with good intentions. He followed Jamie into a pastel store where the workers looked nothing like they belonged. Jamie conversed with one of them while Kevin sat in the corner, noticing the weird looks he was getting from one of the employees, a tall lanky boy with a snarky ass face. Kevin just winked at him and looked away. 

Jamie returned to the table with two coffees passing one to Kevin and blowing on his own. After a bit of silence Jamie looked up from his drink to Kevin who was easily sipping his. 

"what?! How can you do that? It was scalding when I poured it!" Jamie exclaimed looking towards Kevin in a strange way. Something he was not used to. Amazement? No. Sarcasm? Not quite. He couldn't place it.

"The coffee? Oh yeah, that's cause it's just as hot as me" Kevin smirked and leaned in as he said this and watched as Jamie hiccuped with a slight blush peppering his face. Kevin could see the lanky employee roll his eyes. He was just jealous, Kevin knew it. 

"A-anyway's" Jamie coughed snapping Kevin's attention back to him "I was wondering uh what... type of photography do you do?" Kevin  laughed at the misplaced words in what Jamie said.

"My ssstyle" he whispered out in a hipster fashion "is darkness in light or the other way around. something that means a lot but doesn't need to." Jamie was surprised by this. Kevin did not seem like someone who would go for the darker side of art. 

"Oh... Well in my writing I like to focus on... er matters of the heart as well" 

"Writing? Like what?" 

"I uh- write poems and scripts sometimes" Jamie's voice tried to muffle the last line but Kevin still heard.

"So a theatrical soul eh? Sounds like I made the right catch..." Kevin eyed Jamie once again as he took small kid-ish sips of his still hot coffee. He was cute, Kevin made a mental note to remember that if nothing else. 

"Catch? What does that mean?..." 

"It means I've never had a great person to photograph before, perhaps you'd like to be a model of mine?" Kevin smirked again, waving his hair into his face and flashing a wink at Jamie, who looked dumbfounded. He tried to hide the small rising hope inside, he did want Jamie to agree, this boy was a keeper all the way around, and he wanted him to be only his to take photos of. 

"Like... Be featured in your gallery or fan page or whatever you do?!" 

"Yeah, yeah all that. If you're good enough...And you have to be able to listen to directions and take orders. Basically just do what I say if you want your name out there."

"W-what?" Jamie stuttered "how'd - how did you know that?" 

"Doesn't matter, You in or what, babe?" 

"Yeah! I'm so in... When do we start?!" 

"Just meet me on that cliff above town two days from now at 7 pm. Make sure to wear all black It'll help the imagery." Kevin stood up and threw out his empty coffee cup looking back at Jamie and winking "see you then, Jamie" 

"B-bye..." Jamie let out as Kevin left the building. The jangle of the bell ringing in his ear. 

*******

Jamie fell back in his seat sighing. Lars looked over to him groaning and Sadie stared at Jamie laughing 

"What was that all about?" She asked, walking over to Jamie's table. 

"Just the stars coming down to reach their blessing on me" Jamie replied dramatically gesticulating his happiness. 

"Or an asshole trying to play you for cash" Lars mumbled in the background. "Who was that dude anyway? I've never seen him before." Jamie stood up and turned to leave smiling

"I don't know Lars, I don't know..." He left almost skipping through the door and down the street. 

-------

"Did he pay for any of that?"

"No, no they did not"