Colorful

Kevin didn't plan on staying in Beach City forever. So, he rented out an apartment for a few months and bought a plane ticket right away.

It was hard to find a direct flight, so he ended up landing in Empire City, a place he had already photographed inside and out. He then rented a car and drove down to "his"new apartment. It was smaller than his old place and certainly not as clean. But it would do for the while. Of course, he was pissed about it and tried to negotiate for better. That wasn't the best way to introduce yourself to the town apparently. Already one person hated him, he was ready for that response from everyone.

It was late when he finally stopped looking around the apartment for dead animals and other things you would expect in an old house. The rooms were mostly painted beige with the master bedroom a dark maroon color. It was a homey place and comfortable as well. The king-sized bed he would sleep on was already made with white covers and pillows and a black blanket. It looked expensive and out of place in the color scheme of browns and reds. But most of the furniture was anyway. Like the grey couch (which pissed him off even more) and the black TV stand as well as the dresser. But as soon as Kevin pushed off his shoes and ran his feet through the carpet, he was happy. He decided to sleep and wake up early, hoping to catch the sunrise.

~~~~~~~

Kevin woke up at five that morning to the sounds of an alarm somewhere off in the corner of the room. He groaned and stood up, not expecting the early wake up.

some part of him was grateful though. The time difference was setting in so really it felt like two am. But today was going to be different than the others, new sights, new colors, new life. He slammed the alarm clock off and decided to wear a darker maroon shirt with the same black jeans, a scarf, his "glasses" and fingerless gloves, making sure to add a pinkie ring just for effect. It was five twenty-one when he was finally ready and decided to take his camera out for practice.

He would first need to map out the whole town, which wouldn't be very hard because of how small it was. His art style was dark with a little bit of light, he enjoyed things that were black and white with panels of color in them, something that stands out.

First, he went out to the beach, looking for something interesting. He went towards the water and bent down next to it, angling his camera over the side of it to try and get a photo of the waves lapping at the shore. He snapped the photo and stood up, looking back at his art. He had gotten a beautiful shot of the first rising sun glinting off the water, making everything a dull deep mahogany color. The small curl of the wave pushing in was present and made the photo much more put together.

Kevin deleted it

the photo made him feel empty, he needed more. Something passionate and meaningful. He had already taken many photos similar to that one, he needed something more. Not even the sunrise seemed to do him much good. He watched it, trying to take another photo, something he hadn't seen in a while. The black of the sky was interrupted by the purples and dark reds, each color overlapping each other. His camera took it in perfectly, the angel was just right giving shadow and effect. He didn't love it, but he knew this would make him some money and kept it.

Surprisingly, Kevin had a fan base. People who lived for what he made. Who wouldn't honestly? But he had seen people with nothing for decoration but his photos. And he knew someone out there would enjoy it. Even if he didn't.

Nothing was enough.

He groaned and fell backward onto the sand, completely done with this. He had no inspiration and didn't even feel like getting up. His clothes would get dirty, but how could he care? If he couldn't take photos he was nothing.