The fight

Connor lay in bed , his eyes locked on the ceiling . The hazy sunlight seemingly blinding to his tired eyes . It couldn't have been earlier than 8am , as the sun was just starting to peek over the rooftops of suburban terraced houses , causing a ray of orange to slither through the curtains and spread itself across the dirtied cream carpet .

The teen was still wearing what he'd slept in , a baggy black Nirvana shirt with weed patterned black boxer shorts , his hair tied in a loose messy bun at the side of his head . Reluctantly , he sat up , allowing his eyes to scan across the room as he remembered who he was and where he was and all the little details of the universe that rush back to you in the seconds after you first wake up .

He let out a sigh , rubbing his face a little bit , and grabbing his phone off of the bed side unit . 8:09am . The house seemed surprisingly silent , as normally in the Murphy house hold at this time there was shouting and rush as people tried to get to work and school on time . Surprisingly enough Connor was usually the calmest of the family in the mornings , as he was definitely in no hurry to go and spend the next 7 hours in hell.

He got out of bed and pulled on a pair of skinny jeans , stumbling over to his draws and rummaging through clothes , mumbling angrily to himself as he realised what he was looking for wasn't there . He tensed up and swung open his bedroom door , causing it to smash onto the wall leaving dints in the paint . He stormed down the stairs and into the kitchen , where his parents and sister were sitting eating breakfast .

"Connor , it's nice of you to join us" Cynthia, his mother , smiled "you want some breakfast honey ?"

"WHERE THE FUCK IS IT" His voice was filled with fiery anger , and he slammed his hand against the dinner table , causing his younger sister to flinch in fear . She didn't look up from her cereal as Connor yelled at their mother .

Larry, his dad , protested against this , with a stern tone in his voice, not looking up from his emails ."CONNOR. DONT TALK TO YOUR MOTHER THAT WA-"Cynthia cut him off again.

"Now-Larry . Please don't yell . It's not productive , is it ? " She made sure to keep her voice quiet and calm , in a desperate attempt for the whole situation not to escalate .Larry muttered in disapproval as she turned to her now clearly angry son . "W-where is what - sweetheart ?"

"YOU FUCKING KNOW WHAT" he spat , looking at her with a stare of hate .
Larry stood up , facing Connor , a scowl spread across his face ."IT WASN'T YOUR MOTHER WHO TOOK IT ,YOUNG MAN. NO CHILD OF MINE WILL BE SMOKING DRUGS IN MY HOUSE"He had his arms folded up over his chest in a commanding officer kind of way , Connor had always thought that because his dad was a lawyer that was what made him think he knew better than everyone in He house . But he really didn't . In a rage , Connor grabbed a knife from the drawer and slammed it into the oak table , causing his sister to intervene .

"FOR FUCKS SAKE CONNOR , WHY THE FUCK DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO DO THIS . IT'S NOT EVEN FUCKING 8:30 YET YOU STONER LOW LIFE . GOD CANT YOU JUST SHUT UP" Zoe screamed angrily at her brother , grabbing her bag pack . "AND DONT FUCKING EXPECT ME TO GIVE YOU A LIFT TODAY YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN READY AN HOUR AGO"

Connor lunged towards her , and grabbed Zoe by the neck , thrashing her . "WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST FUCKING CALL ME "his eyes seemed practically red with fury , his voice low and hollow . The entire situation had blown almost completely out of control . Larry tore Connor off of his much smaller sister , who was now crying , the same as their mother . Zoe ran out the house and slammed the door , getting in her car and driving off to school without him . Larry turned to Cynthia "go upstairs "he demanded , keeping one eye on Connor , who was standing in his spot breathing heavily in anger .

"B-but?!" She protested

"GO UPSTAIRS , CYNTHIA"he raised his voice more , and she followed his instruction , quietly going upstairs . Larry stepped towards Connor , his voice lowering . "NEVER grab your sister like that , EVER again. or I will NOT have you in MY house "

Without replying , Connor ran upstairs slamming his bedroom door for a second time . He grabbed his bag , a hoodie , and his phone and headphones . Then jumped out the window , as not to have to speak to his dad again . Landing in the garden below , and walking out of sight . His mood was lower than it had been all week as he walked, he dug his nails deep into his arm , drawing a little blood . At this point his whole body was shaking , he needed weed or else he would snap today at school . And this really was his last warning now . He diverted his route , going into town to get some
Pot before school started at 9am. It didn't matter in his head if he was late , either way he was in trouble when he got home .

today wasn't going to be a good day