chapter 1 - THE LOOK

At Brandon's Reception

"We were asked by Eliza to play a song that Brandon wrote," Mariana announced, "So Mat and I picked one that really explained the meaning of true love."

Eliza smiled and laid her head on Brandon's shoulder. Everyone turned their attention to the performers. "I took you at your word-when you said you would steal my heart."

Callie almost choked on her drink. Brandon's eyes widened, knowing this song was meant for someone else. He looked down at his fiancé, who had tears in her eyes. She squeezed his hand, and he couldn't help but force a smile back. 

Brandon looked back up and noticed that Callie was gone. He looked at Mat, who mouthed, "she just left." After the song, everyone cheered. Eliza kissed Brandon, while he wanted to pull away. Once they pulled away, he noticed that Mariana was sitting with Callie, arm around her shoulder. Callie had tears in her eyes, and was trying to explain something to her sister. 

Brandon decided he would ask her what happened later, since Eliza was practically yelling at him to dance. They celebrated for another hour, before calling it a night. 

Brandon decided to try to find Callie. He saw her sitting down at the pool. Man, how beautiful can a girl be, he thought. He tapped her on her shoulder and sat down next to her. She sniffled, then looked at him and smiled. "I can't believe your getting married tomorrow B," she said, looking back down. 

He just nodded. "Why did you leave at dinner?" She gave him a look that explained it all. 

Brandon had wrote that song for Callie, explaining how nothing could tear them apart. He had just accepted that fact that it was played for someone else, and didn't try to defend it. Outlaws was meant for their love story, and no other. Callie couldn't believe that Brandon would let them play it. 

"Um, I didn't think it would matter that much," he shrugged. "Brandon, the song was ours. That song proved to me how much you loved me-" she paused, "and as much as I don't want to say it, I still love you. I really wish I hadn't been adopted. I mean who knows, I could've married into the family. Mariana would've been my sister-in-law, Moms would be my mother-in-laws, and Jesus would be my brother-in-law."

Brandon didn't move...he just stayed silent. 

"I still love you. I know that you've moved on, and i couldn't be more happy for you. I just hope you realize I've never really thought of you as my brother. B, your my best friend, and something more. I just wanted you to know that I see the way you look at Eliza, its the same way you looked at Grace. You love her, and she's perfect for you. It's the same way I always looked at you, and I'm pretty sure you used to look at me that way as well. It's just hard seeing my Romeo marry another Juliet."