Exodus 28:1-28:14 (Garments for the Priests)

Chapter 28

28:1    “Summon your brother Aaron and his sons, Nadab, Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar. Separate them from the people of Israel, so that they may serve Me as priests.

28:2    Make priestly garments for your brother Aaron, to provide him with dignity and beauty.

28:3    Call all the skilled workers to whom I have given ability, and tell them to make Aaron’s clothes, so that he may be dedicated as a priest in My service.

28:4    Tell them to make a breastpiece, an ephod, a robe, an embroidered shirt, a turban, and a sash. They are to make these priestly garments for your brother Aaron and his sons, so that they can serve Me as priests.

28:5    The skilled workers are to use blue, purple, and red wool, gold thread, and fine linen.

28:6    “They are to make the ephod of blue, purple, and red wool, gold thread, and fine linen, decorated with embroidery.

28:7    Two shoulder straps, by which it can be fastened, are to be attached to the sides.

28:8    A finely woven belt made of the same materials is to be attached to the ephod so as to form one piece with it.

28:9    Take two carnelian stones and engrave on them the names of the twelve sons of Jacob,

28:10    in the order of their birth, with six on one stone and six on the other.

28:11    Have a skillful jeweler engrave on the two stones the names of the sons of Jacob, and mount the stones in gold settings.

28:12    Put them on the shoulder straps of the ephod to represent the twelve tribes LORD, will always remember My people.

28:13    Make two gold settings

28:14    and two chains of pure gold twisted like cords, and attach them to the settings.